Calvert Cliffs Here And There

Metopocetus

So I met up with Phoenixflood to go collecting. We hit a couple different beaches. Overall it was a good day. No giant teeth we all hope for but I got some nice stuff, he got all the good teeth.

post-680-1229645842_thumb.jpg

post-680-1229645848_thumb.jpg

post-680-1229645854_thumb.jpg

post-680-1229645865_thumb.jpg

post-680-1229647146_thumb.jpg

post-680-1229647154_thumb.jpg

These are just the highlights, I ended up with a handful of teeth and a couple foodlion bags of shells/bones.

Is that fossil wood? It sure looks like it. I've never seen any from the cliffs. Especially where we went today (yeah I've been collecting this beach for years and years, phoenix flood found this on his first trip there...really cool find.)

Cool jawbone!

(You do know that the last item goes on the "cool rock" shelf, right?)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Cool stuff! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go!

Why oh why do I let my job get in the way of my potential time in the field?

Kevin Wilson

Cool stuff! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go!

Why oh why do I let my job get in the way of my potential time in the field?

Eh...Jobs...lol

I can't wait for tomorrow morning. Even lower tide than today.

Just found another crocodile limb bone 15 minutes ago. I haven't compared it to the other one I have...I'm hoping they are opposites which might mean there is more of the animal out there somewhere. Bmore did find some big crocodile scutes in the general area...

Eh...Jobs...lol

Just found another crocodile limb bone 15 minutes ago. I haven't compared it to the other one I have...I'm hoping they are opposites which might mean there is more of the animal out there somewhere. Bmore did find some big crocodile scutes in the general area...

I wish I could get out there tomorrow too Atrop. But, I gotta werk :( Kewl on the croc limb bone. Are you out collecting with your laptop? :P Wow, I envy you as I sit here at my desk! Did ya find anything else?

Kevin Wilson

I wish I could get out there tomorrow too Atrop. But, I gotta werk :( Kewl on the croc limb bone. Are you out collecting with your laptop? :P Wow, I envy you as I sit here at my desk! Did ya find anything else?

Nah, no collecting with the laptop lol. I just live really close to a collecting site. I drive down, walk about and hour or 2 then come home and warm up.

Not much else today. Though, I did get some really nice pictures of the cliffs and bay. My walls need something so I am going to frame some of the beach pictures.

Nah, no collecting with the laptop lol. I just live really close to a collecting site. I drive down, walk about and hour or 2 then come home and warm up.

Not much else today. Though, I did get some really nice pictures of the cliffs and bay. My walls need something so I am going to frame some of the beach pictures.

Well that's cool! I had the feeling that I was getting a play by play :P Great idea for the pics.

Kevin Wilson

Well that's cool! I had the feeling that I was getting a play by play :P Great idea for the pics.

Hmm, I wonder if I could commission Bone Digger to do an artists rendition of one of the beach pictures. That would be awesome.

Guest bmorefossil
Eh...Jobs...lol

hmmm look out for some verts and maybe a skull :D:D

Guest bmorefossil

lol hey get a pic of the limb for us

lol hey get a pic of the limb for us

Not whole but here it is.

post-680-1229988174_thumb.jpg

post-680-1229988181_thumb.jpg

post-680-1229988190_thumb.jpg

And this is all from the slump I was telling you about OB1

post-680-1229988198_thumb.jpg

Guest bmorefossil

oh yea that looks like it could be from the same one, your other one was broken could this be the other end to the first one?

hey you have a cat cool

They are both shaped the same on the non broken end...I thought about it...but seems odd to have the same shape on each end...but you never know.

Yep, that is one of my Bengal cats.

Guest bmorefossil

my cow leg is like that, i think most leg bones have basicly the same shape on both ends, well now everyone knows there is LIFE in your house, not everything is dead

... Are you out collecting with your laptop? :P Wow, I envy you as I sit here at my desk! Did ya find anything else?

Hmmm...that would be pretty cool. Some of us should try that over the holidays. Live fossil trip photos and updates.... B)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ