Calvert Cliffs Here And There

Metopocetus

Hmmm...that would be pretty cool. Some of us should try that over the holidays. Live fossil trip photos and updates.... B)

Yeah, the Fossil Cam! :P

Kevin Wilson

Guest bmorefossil
Looks like it *could* be a distal seal (phocid) humerus.

Bobby

i dont think any seal has been found there, and there are tons of croc teeth, thats why i think its croc. but you never know with it being broken

i dont think any seal has been found there, and there are tons of croc teeth, thats why i think its croc. but you never know with it being broken

Seal has been found there. Not common but it has been found. The size of the bone would require a very large seal.

Guest bmorefossil
Seal has been found there. Not common but it has been found. The size of the bone would require a very large seal.

yes im sure seal has been found its just croc is much more common.

yes im sure seal has been found its just croc is much more common.

I went and got the other bone. They don't fit together...the newest one is the same bone but a little smaller...Now I have 2 croc skeletons to look for. I want a skull.

Guest bmorefossil
I went and got the other bone. They don't fit together...the newest one is the same bone but a little smaller...Now I have 2 croc skeletons to look for. I want a skull.

sure its the same type of bone, could be a different part of the leg, but im sure there is more than one skeleton lol

...Now I have 2 croc skeletons to look for. I want a skull.

Good luck with that; I think crock & gator skulls disarticulate very shortly after death...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest bmorefossil
Good luck with that; I think crock & gator skulls disarticulate very shortly after death...

hmm you figure their skulls would stay together better, i guess there are whole skulls out there but i guess there were alot more whales and thats why you find so many whale skulls, i dont even know what to look for if i find partial croc skulls, jaws would be easy but i dont know about the skull

Today's additions.

The skull piece is from yesterday, slightly cleaned. I did find a new skull piece today, a bit larger...almost certainly baleen whale.

What do you think this one is?

post-680-1230141233_thumb.jpg

post-680-1230141240_thumb.jpg

post-680-1230141250_thumb.jpg

post-680-1230141283_thumb.jpg

post-680-1230141291_thumb.jpg

post-680-1230141298_thumb.jpg

is that a new toe bone?

Yep, just picked it up this morning. They have been plentiful lately. I don't know what it belonged to.

Guest bmorefossil
Sure looks like it, thanks.

when i saw it i almost knew right away what it was so i quickly changed accounts and got a' posting lol

he likes to hide all of his good finds lol

Nah, I just keep them all at the beach. I don't want to drag them home.

oh you put your stuff behind that one bike again hmmm

Yeah, there is just too much to carry out since I don't have a boat.

Guest bmorefossil
Yeah, there is just too much to carry out since I don't have a boat.

i dont see how a boat would be very much help for where you go lol, take a basket or something, hey your bag isnt bad, what about buckets?

Guest bmorefossil
Maybe a wheel barrow.

yea i was thinking that but it may be a little over the top, wouldnt be bad if you dig in the fall and want to take some home, you could fill your yard in no time, have a mini spoil pile right in your yard

So I met up with Phoenixflood to go collecting. We hit a couple different beaches. Overall it was a good day. No giant teeth we all hope for but I got some nice stuff, he got all the good teeth.

Yeah, it was a pretty good day! ~ Thanks for letting me come down. I'll post some of the important finds. I'm sure that is pet. wood, I was there :D I even used state-of-the-art technology to break it free from the rock. I can see why man started out using stone tools; I grabbed a nearby rock and split out a piece. :D

DSC01286.jpg

DSC01287.jpg

The black tooth looks worn in this picture but really is not that bad. It turned out to be a 2".

DSC01289.jpg

I picked up on of these rocks when I was down there ATL. I saw that there were larger rocks but chose to take a small one. I have no clue what this is and forgot to ask you. I found it in my pocket later and wondered what the green was in the stone. And no, it's not algae :P

DSC01291.jpg

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Guest bmorefossil
Yeah, it was a pretty good day! ~ Thanks for letting me come down. I'll post some of the important finds. I'm sure that is pet. wood, I was there :D I even used state-of-the-art technology to break it free from the rock. I can see why man started out using stone tools; I grabbed a nearby rock and split out a piece. :D

where are the pictures, come on dont hold out on us