Pre-christmas Hunt At Gmr

greel

That grey & blue Gt. White is gorgeous!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Beautiful teeth Greel! What are the size ranges on the GW's?

The small two toned great white is only 1.5 inches and the larger one is about 2 inches. I'm

still searching for my 3 inch carcharias tooth. I know they are in there, as I witnessed a

friend pull out a complete black beauty that measured 3 1/8 inches! I myself have a couple

in the 2 1/2 (+) inch range which are still rare (and getting more so). The trick is finding

the teeth without damage. The roots of great whites are quite delicate and are usually the

first to go, either found completely missing from the blade or terribly erroded. I have a

great white tooth without any root that might very well have been a 3 incher. You get that

big fat 3 inch tooth with the wrinkled enamel at the base of the crown, and you know you

have JAWS himself. Like Matt Hooper says when they first see the shark "That's a twenty footer!"

Quint replies "Twenty five - three tons of him."

-greel

The tooth on the bottom right hand side of the first photo is a posterior Carcharocles megalodon, right?

The tooth on the bottom right hand side of the first photo is a posterior Carcharocles megalodon, right?

It's a crow shark tooth - Squalicorax pristodontus.

-greel

It's a crow shark tooth - Squalicorax pristodontus.

-greel

Thanks for the correction. That's one of many shark teeth I've never had a chance to collect and so I'm not at all familiar with it. Down here, crows and sharks get together, even in the fossil record.

Nice finds!