Maybe A Deer Tooth?

jax

OK< Found this today in the Posk oak creek in Sherman, Tx. Not sure what formation it could have come from, Maybe mafia formation, (Someone sleeping with the fishes, and I found their tooth)

I don't think its human, because it has a flat area on the tip of the tooth, and looking at my teeth, mine have no flat area. Pretty neat find, I was shocked when I pulled it out of the screen, I thought it was human for a while....

Thanks for looking,

Justin

ADDED MORE PICS ON THE BOTTOM

post-221-1230354212_thumb.jpg

post-221-1230354269_thumb.jpg

Guest bmorefossil
OK< Found this today in the Posk oak creek in Sherman, Tx. Not sure what formation it could have come from, Maybe mafia formation, (Someone sleeping with the fishes, and I found their tooth)

I don't think its human, because it has a flat area on the tip of the tooth, and looking at my teeth, mine have no flat area. Pretty neat find, I was shocked when I pulled it out of the screen, I thought it was human for a while....

Thanks for looking,

Justin

uhhhh any local mobs?

I knew I lost my tooth there, thanks for finding it. :D Just kidding, but it does look human to me. There is no telling how it got there.

Emailed the picture to a dentist friend. He said looked human to him.

v = 0.25 * g0.5 * SL1.67 * h-1.17

Without fueling the "human/non-human" debate (since I am not qualified to speculate), I see heavy wear on the business end, and what looks like a nasty cavity. Wonder how old it is?

(BTW: I read somewhere that different races have diagnostic shapes to the lingual side of their incisors.)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

This fire is getting a little low....

Justin, could you please post a full spectrum of new photos (with measurement reference). It's time to bring the full power of the FORUM to bear on this ID. (I feel like Tim with a Binford 9000. :P ) Thanks, jax.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Grandma loaned me her teeth to compare.

Looks like a front tooth to me.

post-1026-1230605718_thumb.jpg

tracer, get the pliers; call Auspex, Dan, Joe, and the others. We've got work to do....

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Jax, You could try putting it under your pillow tonight. I know from experience as a kid, if you put an animal tooth under your pillow the tooth fairy won't leave you any money. If it is a human tooth, you might get a quarter!

Ramo

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

Moose and deer-The root reduces in diameter and is too long and thin.

Human stays the same in diameter and has a short root.

Still think it's human.

Who's that guy that disappeared years ago in the union?

Probably him.

Man, It looks just like that first tooth in the human pic. Pretty crazy. My dad thinks its a Indian tooth. Someone had to have been eating some hard stuff, cause its pretty worn down. I know a dentist, I need to track him down, and see if I can explain to him why I have this tooth :D

Ramo, Tooth Fairy didnt leave me anything..... Must have been my new toy next to my bed :D (AR-15)

This fire is getting a little low....

Justin, could you please post a full spectrum of new photos (with measurement reference). It's time to bring the full power of the FORUM to bear on this ID. (I feel like Tim with a Binford 9000. :P ) Thanks, jax.

Here are some more pics.

post-221-1230767021_thumb.jpg

post-221-1230767094_thumb.jpg

post-221-1230767143_thumb.jpg

post-221-1230767193_thumb.jpg