A Nice Warm Dec.hunt

Ronbo

Me and a buddy who we`ll call Buttercup went down to one of the ditches in Summervillle and found these.

Now Buttercup aint ever been fossil hunting but Im thinking hes hooked lol..

This is just stuff tha screamed to be picked up, I still have a 100 quart cooler full of stuff to go thru so there aint no telling what else is in there, Buttercup found some nice teeth too but I dont have pictures of the things he carried home, Hope yall enjoy..

Ron

Oh the arrowheads werent found there but I had them on my little bench and have been typing and catologing them and took yesterday off to go find more stufff to figure out what it is..LOL

summerville12-29-08001.jpg

Also for most of the day I had something in my shoe that was pretty annoying and everytime I would think ok Imma gonna get this out I would find another treasure...

Finally last night after I got home and looked at the stuff I had found again I sat down took off my swamp sneakers and found this stuck in my foot.....

ooch001.jpg

dang, son - gotta pace yourself! don't want that side of the continent getting too weight-shifted, cause it might cause discombobulation ripples westward...

Me and a buddy who we`ll call Buttercup went down to one of the ditches in Summervillle and found these.

Now Buttercup aint ever been fossil hunting but Im thinking hes hooked lol..

This is just stuff tha screamed to be picked up, I still have a 100 quart cooler full of stuff to go thru so there aint no telling what else is in there, Buttercup found some nice teeth too but I dont have pictures of the things he carried home, Hope yall enjoy..

Ron

Oh the arrowheads werent found there but I had them on my little bench and have been typing and catologing them and took yesterday off to go find more stufff to figure out what it is..LOL

summerville12-29-08001.jpg

Nice finds!! Also send a pic of your points once they are cataloged and identified.

Nice haul!

("Buttercup"?)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Looks like the teeth decided to bite back... :P

Also for most of the day I had something in my shoe that was pretty annoying and everytime I would think ok Imma gonna get this out I would find another treasure...

Finally last night after I got home and looked at the stuff I had found again I sat down took off my swamp sneakers and found this stuck in my foot.....

ooch001.jpg

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

Nice haul!

("Buttercup"?)

LOL long story but he kept calling me Jim lol, well I aint JIm so I said look here Buttercup and it has since stuck lol

Thanks for the replies yall, I am going to have some stuff to ID soon as I start digging thru the cooler,

Ron

Guest bmorefossil
Here is one frame I finished Ken,I think these are all Morrow Mountins, or variations of and some reworked pieces as well

MorrowMountainType7000-9000BP.jpg

nice points, hey on the first picture, were all the points from one day?

No Those are kinda getting typed lol I found them over almost 2 years, Here is a picture of some stuff I found in one day...

HPIM0599-1.jpg

It was real honey hole I came outta there like 3 times on different days with that much or more.

I like treasures lol

Guest bmorefossil
No Those are kinda getting typed lol I found them over almost 2 years, Here is a picture of some stuff I found in one day...

HPIM0599-1.jpg

It was real honey hole I came outta there like 3 times on different days with that much or more.

I like treasures lol

thats really good, a good day for points on the bay would be like 1/2 of one a trip, a show on points said that delmarva is the best place to look for points but when you look at the stuff people like you find i dont know why they said that

All of that came from an area about the size of a living room,I dont know where Delmarva is and I generally use topo maps and a whole lotta luck... I walk creek banks and go where and when nobody else will get out looking, like when its cold out or raining or during holidays when most are home with family you can bet Im out in the woods somewhere..

Ron

...I dont know where Delmarva is...

"Delmarva" is the peninsula that bounds the Chesapeake Bay on the east, composed of parts of DELaware, MARyland, and VirginiA.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!