Baltic Amber

CH4ShotCaller

Bought a few very nice pieces of Baltic amber from Vermiculosis. Decided to get a digital endoscope and take a few pictures. After looking at my fingers, eyeballs, the dogs ear, my lunch... I decided to snap some pics of the Nematocerus inside the amber. The 'blue' is reflected LED light from the scope. Gives it a cool neon quality.

post-7395-0-95531600-1385698338_thumb.jpg post-7395-0-39981100-1385698378_thumb.jpg

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

cool! i believe that is a black scavenger fly?

I'm CRAZY about amber fossils and just as CRAZY in general.

cool! i believe that is a black scavenger fly?

Not sure, but could. I searched 'black fly', a few do resemble this, but my knowledge of insecta is very limited. This pic is nearly at 300X, just a speck in the amber. I may have to take a trip to hunt for Baltic amber some day. Cheaper to buy it, but the experience would be priceless. I may have found a new path in fossils. :)

-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

Hey my friend !
I am very happy that you like it - maybe you back to me for more inclusions one time... Anyway - here you go few pictures of your specimen - from this one to next 15 photos - https://picasaweb.google.com/104612747881478275852/New30#5941974617711798738

Soon i post my new specimen - extremely rare Heteroptera - Tingidae Lacebug. Something spectacular and very expensive in my collection.

with regards

Artur/vermiculosis

Hey my friend !

I am very happy that you like it - maybe you back to me for more inclusions one time... Anyway - here you go few pictures of your specimen - from this one to next 15 photos - https://picasaweb.google.com/104612747881478275852/New30#5941974617711798738

Soon i post my new specimen - extremely rare Heteroptera - Tingidae Lacebug. Something spectacular and very expensive in my collection.

with regards

Artur/vermiculosis

I really like the pieces you sent, thanks!

-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

actually i am not sure it is a black scavenger fly, i was looking at a dominican amber guide (sorry)

I'm CRAZY about amber fossils and just as CRAZY in general.