Fossil Diving Trip 12-27-08

iamsharky

The crab prepping station is on vacation. Just got too dang cold, plus when I did do a bit more work on my last Tumdido, I found out that the left claw appears to be GONE!!! Aaaaaaaahhh!!!!! I wanted to just toss it away I got so upset. I will take a look at it much much later and see if i even want to finish it? Its still a dang nice crab, just missing the 'hand' part of the left claw.

RB

rb - you're one of the finest and bravest people i've ever known. now how's it coming with that indoor crab prepping station?

I was purdy good at counting even in the 3rd grade,,, and that looks like 3 words to me. But really, the sad part is, I will probably never finish the dang thing!!??

RB

one word - prosthesis

Awesome haul - congrats!

Just don't find stuff like that in Texas...

So how cold was the water? And how deep? I take it this wasn't a snorkeling trip...

thanks, the water was about 50 degrees and about 40 feet deep.

Miocene/Eocene

i love meg teeth, but that's dedication.

Sometimes as I am freezing I wonder why I do the things I do. Some may call it dedication, addiction or others may be able to find some pyscho babble word to classify us fossil hunters. As cold as you may get, you forget that when you see that big meg laying there, just waiting to be discovered!

Miocene/Eocene

Sometimes as I am freezing I wonder why I do the things I do. Some may call it dedication, addiction or others may be able to find some pyscho babble word to classify us fossil hunters. As cold as you may get, you forget that when you see that big meg laying there, just waiting to be discovered!

"Mothers, don't let your babies grow up to be foss'lers..."

(Apologies to Willie Nelson)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

"Mothers, don't let your babies grow up to be foss'lers..."

(Apologies to Willie Nelson)

now, that is FUNNY!!!!

Miocene/Eocene