First Year Hunting Trip

MB

Hello all and happy New year 2009 :)

Yesterday when I were wake up, after a long night of celebrations good food and more good libations I found me at family's wife home, and their village...

What I can do? not PC not my fossils, nothing to make, thus I took my car and "see you later... only few minutes..." and I drive looking for a little Upper Aptian spot.

Yes some miutes but look at this :D my prefered local echinoid: Tetratragramma marticensis var. bofilli

Not crabs the first hours of the year... but I'm happy too. :P

post-41-1230901871_thumb.jpg

post-41-1230901891_thumb.jpg

post-41-1230901904_thumb.jpg

Nice ech's MB. You sure didnt wait long this year to go fossil hunting! I would like to go hunting, but I would have to drive quite a ways to ge out of this ice and snow and cold in order to do that. But the good news for me this year, is that my buddy in NZ is already sending me a crab concretion! What a super way to start the new year!

RB

Nice ech's MB. You sure didnt wait long this year to go fossil hunting! I would like to go hunting, but I would have to drive quite a ways to ge out of this ice and snow and cold in order to do that. But the good news for me this year, is that my buddy in NZ is already sending me a crab concretion! What a super way to start the new year!

RB

Hi RB I can't wait for see this concretion you will receives :wub:

Feliz Ano Nuevo (es verdad)!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

As Steven said, great detail and a nice way to start the new year.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

What thing is "leaverite" :blush:

"leaverite" is a play on words meaning a rock or fossil that shouldn't be picked up and taken home, as in "leave her right" where you found "her".

"leaverites" are any specimen that's not considered good enough or can't be ID'd.