Fossilized Head?

itsahead

Hi from San Antonio - great looking forum here....

Is this a jaw / skull?

It's solid chert... (except for the unknown, very hard grey matter in the middle!). It weighs 6.2 pounds... I have read most chert contains small fossils - is this possibly, a VERY BIG chert fossil?

Here is a video too.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmZANMjXpFk

What do YOU guys think?

post-1141-1230949185_thumb.jpg

Sorry, itsnotahead.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest bmorefossil
Dang, and I thought it was the best head I ever had! :D

CB

dont worry it happens all the time, I would have thought that was a skull a few years ago. :)

do you have other things you thought might be fossils or is this skull the only thing?

dont worry it happens all the time, I would have thought that was a skull a few years ago. :)

do you have other things you thought might be fossils or is this skull the only thing?

Nope, that's it, I'm a one miss wonder! (but to be honest, I am unconvinced I am wrong!) All my other finds are artifacts! ;)

I will report back if the professors / universities have any information on the rock. I can not believe that is not a jaw bone of "something".

Thanks for all your comments.

Guest bmorefossil
Nope, that's it, I'm a one miss wonder! (but to be honest, I am unconvinced I am wrong!) All my other finds are artifacts! ;)

I will report back if the professors / universities have any information on the rock. I can not believe that is not a jaw bone of "something".

what kind of artifacts

what kind of artifacts

Oh, a bunch of Apache adzes, gouges, and points, along with a few spanish colonial "things". :) Also quite a few copralites. :D

The particular property this item was found on is also strewn with large fossilized shells.... many with flint (chert) interiors.

It might also be worth noting.... this "skull" was found near the top of a very high hill - that at one time was most likely an island......

I guess I need to start studying this related info!

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/geo/balcones_esc...pages41-50.html

well the alien saga was based on a true story, no?!

looks like you found the long lost head of Alien

---Wie Wasser schleift den Stein, wir steigen und fallen---

Oh, a bunch of Apache adzes, gouges, and points, along with a few spanish colonial "things". :) Also quite a few copralites. :D

The particular property this item was found on is also strewn with large fossilized shells.... many with flint (chert) interiors.

It might also be worth noting.... this "skull" was found near the top of a very high hill - that at one time was most likely an island......

I guess I need to start studying this related info!

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/geo/balcones_esc...pages41-50.html

Post some pics., What are Apache adzes?

Sorry, as you already know, it's not a skull. Post pics of your points, if you'd like; I'm always looking for points people would be willing to trade for fossils.

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Post some pics., What are Apache adzes?

Well, they're not fossils! I would hate to get off topic! ;)

Forget I said "Apache" adzes - who knows what the tribes were called 4000 years ago!

They are basically native american axe heads.

Guest bmorefossil

Forget I said "Apache" adzes - who knows what the tribes were called 4000 years ago!

cool

Post some pics.

Guest solius symbiosus

Man has developed a tendency to see shapes that aren't really there, e.g; clouds, toast, ... ect, you can read about it HERE.

See THIS post.

Man has developed a tendency to see shapes that aren't really there, e.g; clouds, toast, ... ect, you can read about it HERE.

See THIS post.

None of which means I am wrong!

B)

Can you run MRI on chert? HMM.

None of which means I am wrong!

B)

Can you run MRI on chert? HMM.

Maybe a remnant of a human sacrefice....................

its not a head but its good to see that you use youtube like a pro :D

lol, hey it was the first take, so I ran with it!

From the sound of the replies, it's a good thing I didn't waste anymore time in post production! ;)

(still holding out hope for the MRI results.... ;))

BELIEVE. :drool:

you are taking this all in stride fairly well, kudos! good luck on the scan! ya never know, right????? :P

lol, hey it was the first take, so I ran with it!

From the sound of the replies, it's a good thing I didn't waste anymore time in post production! ;)

(still holding out hope for the MRI results.... ;))

BELIEVE. :drool:

---Wie Wasser schleift den Stein, wir steigen und fallen---

Guest bmorefossil
you are taking this all in stride fairly well, kudos! good luck on the scan! ya never know, right????? :P

im still going with alien head :P