What's This?

jonasdk

I found it on the coast of the island Mors in Jütland (Denmark). It looks like a vertebra or something like that. It's 2,5 cm long. Can you help me? Thanks

6wv23bxj.jpg

Fish verts; probably.

How would you distinguish from the picture between "fused" and simply "articulated"?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest bmorefossil
Fish verts; probably.

How would you distinguish from the picture between "fused" and simply "articulated"?

i dont see any separation between the verts, if they were just articulated you should see some slight separation between each vert

i dont see any separation between the verts, if they were just articulated you should see some slight separation between each vert

I don't see any bone...but I don't have my glasses on. It looks like the impression left from vertebrae in the matrix to me.

Guest bmorefossil
I don't see any bone...but I don't have my glasses on. It looks like the impression left from vertebrae in the matrix to me.

i think that he began to dig the verts out, the black is the verts.

i think that he began to dig the verts out, the black is the verts.

lol...yeah...i need my glasses...

It's like one of those pictures you look at and can see 2 different things. I was seeing an impression but they are actually sticking up...

Thats my story and im sticking to it.

Guest bmorefossil
It's like one of those pictures you look at and can see 2 different things. I was seeing an impression but they are actually sticking up...

Thats my story and im sticking to it.

well i think if you cross your eyes you can see Jesus

do that fused fossil bone test - hold a lit match to it, and if it starts sparkling, run, cuz it's fused...