Brazos River

makoken

Thought I was going to make a quick trip to check out the Brazos river site near Austin. It turned out to be a 2hr drive. I didn't leave until 2:30 so it only left about an hour to dig. The hillside was aready in the shade making it a little difficult to see. I did find one small shark tooth, a ray plate piece, a small piece of coral plus the shells. Not a bad first trip! Oh yea, no squid beak.

post-1010-1231473218_thumb.jpg

post-1010-1231473282_thumb.jpg

post-1010-1231473345_thumb.jpg

Guest bmorefossil
Thought I was going to make a quick trip to check out the Brazos river site near Austin. It turned out to be a 2hr drive. I didn't leave until 2:30 so it only left about an hour to dig. The hillside was aready in the shade making it a little difficult to see. I did find one small shark tooth, a ray plate piece, a small piece of coral plus the shells. Not a bad first trip! Oh yea, no squid beak.

well all you can do is make best with what you have to offer, im always making short trips, leave at 9am an hour drive stay there for 2-3 hours then come back

well all you can do is make best with what you have to offer, im always making short trips, leave at 9am an hour drive stay there for 2-3 hours then come back

Definitely glad I went, next trip will be an all day one.

Looks like you found Whiskey Bridge :D And perhaps my conus grove too :blink: lol

You had a great first trip! It took me many trips before I found my first shark tooth and I still have yet to find a ray plate. The cochlespiropsis engonata is hard to come across as well. Nice conus shells by the way.

Can't wait to dig with ya and see what you find! If you found that much and that kind of stuff in an hr, it'll be extremely interesting to see what you pull out in a whole day! :D Nautiloid here we come!!! haha

Looks like you found Whiskey Bridge :D And perhaps my conus grove too :blink: lol

You had a great first trip! It took me many trips before I found my first shark tooth and I still have yet to find a ray plate. The cochlespiropsis engonata is hard to come across as well. Nice conus shells by the way.

Can't wait to dig with ya and see what you find! If you found that much and that kind of stuff in an hr, it'll be extremely interesting to see what you pull out in a whole day! :D Nautiloid here we come!!! haha

So was I in the same place? By the R.R. bridge. send a Pm and let me know.

Yep, that's Whiskey Bridge. One of your Conus still has the outer edge of the opening intact (don't know what that part is technically called). Those break off easily and are very fragile, so store it in some good padding. Yours appears to be in excellent shape. Good finds for a first trip.

Nice pile of gastros. Especially for only an hour! And I think mike is tryin to say "outer margin"?, thats what I call it anyways.

RB