Down By The River

Guest bmorefossil

Guest bmorefossil

made it down to the river today as I said I would, no one showed up but I was not alone on the beach. There were three others that had made it there before me. So I walked past all of them and found my first complete ray plate, it might be missing one little part I cant tell but even if it is its awsome. The ground was so hard I couldn't tell if I dug it out of sand or matrix!!! I also went ice skating....on sand, I ended up falling on some rocks that really hurt. Shortly after finding the ray plate I found a block that had a nice sand tiger and an otodus in it, I also found another otodus and the large sand tiger under a fallen tree, My three hours were up so I had to leave, but I think it was a very productive 3 hours. There was one odd fossil that I have no idea about, I know there is a tooth but I cant tell if its a croc tooth in a jaw or if its a sharks tooth in some coprolite, what ever it is....different (=

happy hunting

steven

post-17-1231552558_thumb.jpg

post-17-1231553346_thumb.jpg

post-17-1231553357_thumb.jpg

post-17-1231553369_thumb.jpg

post-17-1231553383_thumb.jpg

that ray plate is awesome!!!

"Turn the fear of the unknown into the excitment of possibility!"

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Guest bmorefossil

and to add to the trip I met a forum member today, Jbstedman, I didnt know it was him at the time but now that I do ill be sure to keep a look out, you never know where our members will show up, sometimes I just feel like asking people if they are a member and if the say no, then they should join

Nice haul Bmore! A good 3 hours of work and bliss. You have to be quiet to seek up on those fossils your hunting :ph34r: :D

I think it could be coprolite, but I'd have to see other angles or in person. If theres a tooth in it the shark could have swallowed its own teeth or made someone else a snack :D

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Guest bmorefossil
Nice haul Bmore! A good 3 hours of work and bliss. You have to be quiet to seek up on those fossils your hunting :ph34r: :D

I think it could be coprolite, but I'd have to see other angles or in person. If theres a tooth in it the shark could have swallowed its own teeth or made someone else a snack :D

yea that makes sense, I know that they swallowed their teeth, the tooth is so round im almost thinking its croc., the reason I took this picture was to show the enamel on the tooth whatever it is from

Awesome ray plate! Yes, the last item is a coprolite. I think that it's possible that those are drum fish teeth in it, or some sort of fish teeth. On your first pic, lower right corner, is that a tooth?

Wow, 4 collectors there on a Friday...holy smokes!

Kevin Wilson

Guest bmorefossil
Awesome ray plate! Yes, the last item is a coprolite. I think that it's possible that those are drum fish teeth in it, or some sort of fish teeth. On your first pic, lower right corner, is that a tooth?

well there is one really small tooth and the thing to the right of that is a broken piece of turtle shell.

alright guys Im going with coprolite as well, I like where you went with the fish but the tooth is way to big to be from a fish

Guest bmorefossil
well there is one really small tooth and the thing to the right of that is a broken piece of turtle shell.

alright guys Im going with coprolite as well, I like where you went with the fish but the tooth is way to big to be from a fish

do you guys think i should try to get the thing out?

i see a coprolite, but nothing more than that. can you draw a circle where the tooth and turtle bone are?

do you guys think i should try to get the thing out?

---Wie Wasser schleift den Stein, wir steigen und fallen---

Guest bmorefossil
i see a coprolite, but nothing more than that. can you draw a circle where the tooth and turtle bone are?

did you also want the tooth in the first picture?

i dont see the tooth either. just a guess would be just below what you just circled? I will have to take your word for both because I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary. Its probably too subtle to show up well in the picture of a such a small object.

did you also want the tooth in the first picture?

Guest bmorefossil

ok I'm confused, do you see in the coprolite picture how I circled where the enamel is? The enamel is that shiny black stuff, the box is around the part of the tooth sticking out, seems the root is missing. I'm thinking sandtiger because how round the tooth is. Football game is on right now, if you need more pictures I'll get them after the game

i'm trying here, but all i see is a slightly shiny area that you say is enamel.... i see nothing that looks too out of the ordinary, but i will take your word for it that it is something that has a structure. its just too subtle for me, or maybe im blind today

ok well here is the best I can do with the picture I have

i'm trying here, but all i see is a slightly shiny area that you say is enamel.... i see nothing that looks too out of the ordinary, but i will take your word for it that it is something that has a structure. its just too subtle for me, or maybe im blind today. good game by the way

Guest bmorefossil
i'm trying here, but all i see is a slightly shiny area that you say is enamel.... i see nothing that looks too out of the ordinary, but i will take your word for it that it is something that has a structure. its just too subtle for me, or maybe im blind today

thats the only problem the tooth is broken and with most teeth from the river its worn, but there is enamel around the whole tooth and it stops right where the root starts, i outlined the whole tooth how can you not see it!!!! lol jk

i dont know man i just dont see a tooth, are you sure youre not smoking rock today

thats the only problem the tooth is broken and with most teeth from the river its worn, but there is enamel around the whole tooth and it stops right where the root starts, i outlined the whole tooth how can you not see it!!!! lol jk

Guest bmorefossil
i dont know man i just dont see a tooth, are you sure youre not smoking rock today

nope i wait for night time chat for that, its a tooth sorry you cant see from the picture, ill take some others later, ill do like a 360 view of the tooth and try to get one of the top so you can see how the coprolite is not tight against the tooth