Picture Rights?

Sharktoothguy11222

As some of you may know, I have created the Fossil Wiki. The Wiki ANYONE can edit about fossils! :P

LINK: http://fossil.wikia.com/wiki/Fossil_Wiki

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has any copyright on their images in the gallery, or if I could use them for the wiki. Just wondering, and I was thinking it was better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks! B)

Tha tighin fodham, fodham, fodham!

Guest bmorefossil
As some of you may know, I have created the Fossil Wiki. The Wiki ANYONE can edit about fossils! :P

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has any copyright on their images in the gallery, or if I could use them for the wiki. Just wondering, and I was thinking it was better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks! B)

im pretty sure that it would be fine, I wouldnt mind it, but im going to be adding pictures lol

Guest bmorefossil

just tell me what you want a peicture of, you need a megalodon vert on the megalodon page, I added a picture of a chub to the site

Thanks Bmore, I am adding the image now to the article!

Guest bmorefossil
Thanks Bmore, I am adding the image now to the article!

i have every mako from the miocene, basicly every thresher, hemi, sand tigers, seal, squalodon, some land mammal ect. If you want pictures just pm me all ill give you what you want

i have every mako from the miocene, basicly every thresher, hemi, sand tigers, seal, squalodon, some land mammal ect. If you want pictures just pm me all ill give you what you want

Thanks Bmore, that would be awesome! If its ok, I'll ask you for them as soon as I create the articles first.

Thanks! B)

Yes, STG, my images in the gallery are "copyrighted." That is, I have an interest in how they're used. If you'd like to use an image of mine, ask me on a case-by-case basis. I'd like to see your project succeed.

--------Harry Pristis

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

Yes, STG, my images in the gallery are "copyrighted." That is, I have an interest in how they're used. If you'd like to use an image of mine, ask me on a case-by-case basis. I'd like to see your project succeed.

--------Harry Pristis

Same with me^^ just ask me if you want to use any, although i plan on writing up some things when i get the time

"Turn the fear of the unknown into the excitment of possibility!"

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

I will be contributing a lot of articles and filling out the basics when I have the time. It would be grat if everyone got onboard---this is a resource that I can see widely used in the future. Keep up the good work and let us know what you need pictures of

Guest Nicholas

Anything in my gallery may be used, I would just like to know where and continue to have my name attached to it.

Perhaps on other peoples photos on the forum, you can link the photo to their TFF page...

For example:

This deer leg mount photo was taken from the personal collection of: Nicholas Slade.

Thanks! B)

Please feel free to add any of mine. I post them to share. If there are any particular specimens that you are looking for, post a want list & I'm sure someone here will be able to provide it for you. Great project! B)

Mike

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

Guest N.AL.hunter

I doubt you will need any of my pictures, but you are welcome to use any of them. That includes all of them in the future. Have at it.

sharktoothguy - i don't have any images in the gallery and you're welcome to use them.

Just curious, but have you had your drinking water tested lately? Any radiation leaks close by? :rolleyes:

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

--------Harry Pristis

Thanks Harry! I just wanted to be sure before I used anyone's pictures willy nilly(is that even a word :P)

Anyway, I created an Otodus obliquus page on the Wiki, and I was wondering if I can use some of your pictures of Otodus in it's page.

Thanks to everyone elses input, I will put your name(of FF name, if you wish), by the picture after it is uploaded, to show that it is owned.

Harry, these are the pics I was talking about:

post-282-1231590851_thumb.jpgpost-282-1231590862_thumb.jpgpost-282-1231590872_thumb.jpgpost-282-1231590882_thumb.jpg

Guest bmorefossil
sharktoothguy - i don't have any images in the gallery and you're welcome to use them.

ha, well when you get pictures in there...

Thanks Harry! I just wanted to be sure before I used anyone's pictures willy nilly(is that even a word :P)

Anyway, I created an Otodus obliquus page on the Wiki, and I was wondering if I can use some of your pictures of Otodus in it's page.

Thanks to everyone elses input, I will put your name(of FF name, if you wish), by the picture after it is uploaded, to show that it is owned.

Harry, these are the pics I was talking about:

post-282-1231590851_thumb.jpgpost-282-1231590862_thumb.jpgpost-282-1231590872_thumb.jpgpost-282-1231590882_thumb.jpg

Yes, you may use those images in your Wiki article on Otodus. You should acknowledge the copyright in some manner to avoid ambiguity about the rights to the images. In books I see a variety of tags to do this, such as:

image copyright Harry Pristis, reproduced with permission.

But, use your own language to get that meaning across. I'm glad to cooperate in your project.

----Harry Pristis

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

that sounds good harry, I would like the same with my pictures.

Done, added it to the last image of the chub you uploaded.

Guest bmorefossil
Done, added it to the last image of the chub you uploaded.

Today is a picture day just message me what exactly you want pictures of

Today is a picture day just message me what exactly you want pictures of

Hmmm, well, I can't really think of anything really. Maybe you can take whatever pics you want, and upload them to the F gallery, and then when I get a chance I'll upload 'em to the Wiki. I've been working today since like 8:30 on the wiki, and I don't know how much more I can handle.

I'm telling you, looking at code for hours on end, makes you crazy. Or in my case, crazier than usual! :wacko::blink::P

Guest bmorefossil
Hmmm, well, I can't really think of anything really. Maybe you can take whatever pics you want, and upload them to the F gallery, and then when I get a chance I'll upload 'em to the Wiki. I've been working today since like 8:30 on the wiki, and I don't know how much more I can handle.

I'm telling you, looking at code for hours on end, makes you crazy. Or in my case, crazier than usual! :wacko::blink::P

does it use html?

does it use html?

What uses html, Fossil Wiki? I think that you all you can do is manually upload pictures to the upload log, and only then can you use them. Yeah, you can't just take them from one website(FF), to another(FW). You have to download, then upload.

Guest bmorefossil
What uses html, Fossil Wiki? I think that you all you can do is manually upload pictures to the upload log, and only then can you use them. Yeah, you can't just take them from one website(FF), to another(FW). You have to download, then upload.

no you just said you were looking at code all day