An Interesting Plant?

RJB

Im not sure what this is, but it looks like some kind of seedpod to me? This also came from the Parachute member of the Green River Formation. I really like this little thing. Im guessing it measures about 1 inch or so?

RB

Guest bmorefossil
Im not sure what this is, but it looks like some kind of seedpod to me? This also came from the Parachute member of the Green River Formation. I really like this little thing. Im guessing it measures about 1 inch or so?

RB

yea i find these things around here (non fossil ones), they are seedpods, very cool!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Nice pod.

I just got this back from the Natural History Museum, London. They could not id it past Plantae. It is lower Lias, Jurassic material, from England. Any ideas.

post-45-1233783547_thumb.jpg

By the way, I have had plenty of "running shoe/golf shoe imprint" type replies on the ukfossils forum. thankyou. :faint:

KOF, Bill.

Welcome to the forum, all new members

www.ukfossils check it out.

...I just got this back from the Natural History Museum, London. They could not id it past Plantae. It is lower Lias, Jurassic material, from England. Any ideas...

How strange! The "dimples" almost look like fertile frond sporangium (fruiting bodies), except that they are not closely packed. I hope docdutronc finds this thread!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!