Bay Side Finds! Oh, It Got Me Again! Not This Time : )

Phoenixflood

Guest bmorefossil
Yup Time to dive buddy! The horse tooth was from the Willows though :D What about this Thursday? Give me a pm and we can discuss driving.

Ok I think Thursday can do, might not have school if we are getting snow.

Yup Time to dive buddy! The horse tooth was from the Willows though :D What about this Thursday? Give me a pm and we can discuss driving.

Willows? How'd you get in there without the residents calling the cops and chasing you out with pitchforks?

RAWR! I am zeee dead bobcat!

Guest bmorefossil
Willows? How'd you get in there without the residents calling the cops and chasing you out with pitchforks?

there are ways to get there, i have walked from Brownies 3 times

It's best to go in the winter, they don't care as much then and if you know someone that lives there that also helps.

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Guest bmorefossil
It's best to go in the winter, they don't care as much then and if you know someone that lives there that also helps.

to bad for me becuase i dont know anyone, I did meet two guys one day there that were standing around a skull in a block i think they were waiting for someone to come help them dig it out.

Hardcore.

+rep for j00.

Several times I've thought of doing that and decided against it. Was it worth the effort? One time was a blow out tide and 10 minutes after I turned to work my way back I found a meg... I guess you never really know.

Kevin Wilson

Several times I've thought of doing that and decided against it. Was it worth the effort? One time was a blow out tide and 10 minutes after I turned to work my way back I found a meg... I guess you never really know.

Speaking of blowout tides, how often do they happen and how predictable are they? I was really lucky and hit one on New Year's Eve.

Guest bmorefossil

not really, i have a few megs and some makos, nothing special, largest meg is a little over 2"

Speaking of blowout tides, how often do they happen and how predictable are they? I was really lucky and hit one on New Year's Eve.

It happens by the gravitational pull of the moon on the water on the earth. When the moon is on the other side of the world it pulls more water towards it making it low tide over here. The closer the moon get to the earth the better low tide is going to be. At least that's what I learned.

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

It happens by the gravitational pull of the moon on the water on the earth. When the moon is on the other side of the world it pulls more water towards it making it low tide over here. The closer the moon get to the earth the better low tide is going to be. At least that's what I learned.

Whoops. I wasn't being clear.

I know about the moon's gravity with the typical high & low tides but I was wondering what events give us the spectacular really low tides where you can walk 100 yards out and the water never go past your calves.

Guest bmorefossil
Whoops. I wasn't being clear.

I know about the moon's gravity with the typical high & low tides but I was wondering what events give us the spectacular really low tides where you can walk 100 yards out and the water never go past your calves.

strong north west winds