Fossiling On Ice

Guest bmorefossil

Guest bmorefossil

boys and girls round up your parents for fossiling on ice!!! Well not really but I did find myself on a foot of ice a few times today, but thanks to the waves that we had and the temp., most of ice melted away and boy did it pay off. We went to a new beach today and it was a real nice walk through the woods. We were finding teeth as soon as we got to the beach, they were everywhere, it got to a point that we wouldnt even pick up the worn or broken teeth just because it was not worth the trouble. We were finding so many nice teeth. We found a nice amount of otodus teeth along the high line so I decided to walk down the beach some and see if I could find anymore. After finding 2 more otodus I decided to turn around and look in the water some. Right in front of me was the huge otodus, just over 2 1/4" in length. So I decide to show my dad what I had found but he had something to show me, a Paleocarcharodon Orientalis!!! Not huge but at least we found one. I found 3 croc teeth and some partials today which is odd because I had not found any in the previous trips. Found some other nice teeth including a hound shark tooth dont know how that made it, must have been stuck to one of the larger teeth. What an awsome trip I love it when you go to new locations they are always fun when you try out a new area and this shows why!!!

post-17-1232847867_thumb.jpg

post-17-1232847883_thumb.jpg

post-17-1232847901_thumb.jpg

post-17-1232847910_thumb.jpg

post-17-1232847980_thumb.jpg

post-17-1232847993_thumb.jpg

post-17-1232848004_thumb.jpg

post-17-1232848031_thumb.jpg

post-17-1232848047_thumb.jpg

Guest bmorefossil
Found all those in one day.........................WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :faint:

all the good stuff was found before lunch, around 10am

nice stuff, well to me at least :)

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~ E. B. White

Nice haul!

I found a tooth today, too... but broke it. Those 1/4" teeth can be so delicate.

Yes, I have tooth envy. I wonder if ambisol would work for that. :faint:

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

That's a nice collection. Especially for one day.

With rocks in my head, and fossils in my heart....

Guest bmorefossil
Nice haul!

I found a tooth today, too... but broke it. Those 1/4" teeth can be so delicate.

Yes, I have tooth envy. I wonder if ambisol would work for that. :faint:

thanks, sorry to hear of your loss... ^_^

you know that kid's play walking with dinosaurs? well this thread just made me think of it on ice hahha. could you imagine? it would be a disaster!

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~ E. B. White

Guest bmorefossil
you know that kid's play walking with dinosaurs? well this thread just made me think of it on ice hahha. could you imagine? it would be a disaster!

lol yea i was kinda going with something like that but it didnt attract people at all! lol

Guest bmorefossil
I'd fossil on the ice but it is about 3 feet thick on my spot! Great finds though, worth going in the cold.

yea that might be a problem

Guest bmorefossil

well we were lucky, if there was no wind then it would have been the same for us, the wind brought waves that then broke the ice up, from there it was easy lol

Guest bmorefossil
Wow, that's awesome! Nice ratfish tooth there too???

yep two pieces of ratfish which I seem to find easily for some reason, dont find much of any other fish but Im good at finding ratfish

The first one that I ever found had some iron mineralization, so I thought it was junk and tossed it away...DOH! Since then, I've only found pieces of them, LOL.

Kevin Wilson

Guest bmorefossil
The first one that I ever found had some iron mineralization, so I thought it was junk and tossed it away...DOH! Since then, I've only found pieces of them, LOL.

cool, dont think I have any with iron, but then again im sure you can

When I seen “Fossiling on Ice”, and after your last fossil hunt,

Well to say the least my thoughts went wild, what???

Practicing for a new video show to put on the forum???? That I could believe.

Practicing for a new winter Olympic sport??? Well bmore reaching for new heights.

Went for a surprise swim this time??? Was at the top of the list.

lol :P

Nice one day collection. Thanks for Posting

Guest bmorefossil
When I seen “Fossiling on Ice”, and after your last fossil hunt,

Well to say the least my thoughts went wild, what???

Practicing for a new video show to put on the forum???? That I could believe.

Practicing for a new winter Olympic sport??? Well bmore reaching for new heights.

Went for a surprise swim this time??? Was at the top of the list.

lol :P

Nice one day collection. Thanks for Posting

:P:P so right after i made it over the really thick ice waves began to come and I found my feet stuck under the giant block of ice as it broke apart. So I finally get it free but now im standing on the 6ft. wide and long piece of ice as it floats away but I decide the jump off, I didnt want to become the next Rudolph as he floats on the ice. Shortly after that I did slip on the ice lol but....but!!!! I bought some new waders the night before, my first chest waders so they really came in handy haha!