We Bag Our Limit - Eopachydiscus

Roger

Sunday, Lance, Roz and I went Eopachydiscus ammonite hunting at a suspected lower Duck Creek Formation exposure SW of Fort Worth. We didn't have to wait long - Lance bagged a huge specimen:

Lancewithanotherlargeeopachydiscus-.jpg

followed by Roz a bit later:

090125-eopachydiscusRoz.jpg

All in all we found several but some did not meet the state mandate size limit of 8" therefore were released back into the formation.

At the end of the day - here was our stringer

RogerLancewiththedaystakeofammonite.jpg

btw - I got a nibble on an Idiohamites fremonti but could not land an entire specimen. Will have to go back for that one!

Roger

Nice hauls folks!

And I know right where that Valero is, too... in the middle of an ice storm!

Great pix, too. Love to see Roz and Lance in "live action" shots!

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

And I know right where that Valero is, too... in the middle of an ice storm!

Whoo! A cold wind blew in here tonight. Hope you guys aren't freezing your ammonites off!

Nice specimens!

EOWOW! Great finds. You could use one as a spare if you got a flat on the way home!

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Umm...I think you are over your limit. Daily bag limit in Texas is 2 with a diameter of no more than 6".

Great job y'all.

woahh!!! awesome ammonites!

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~ E. B. White

Ah, far out man.........(Tommy Chong inflection intended)

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Ah, far out man.........(Tommy Chong inflection intended)

I remember once going to a park in Dallas to explore a creek next to it. There was this skinny old hippy looking dude standing next to his rather nice sports car enjoying the sun. I had my rock hammer in hand and struck up a brief conversation about being a fossil hunter and my plans. I asked if he knew of any rock outcrops along the creek and that I was quote "hunting for ammonites" in the creek. This guy sounded like (and looked like) like Tommy Chong and answered "Well whata ya do? Hit 'em over the head?" ;)

A couple years ago a buddy and I hit a remote stretch of Texoma shoreline with my little jon boat and got into the Eos. We ended up putting 12 in the boat including my prized 90 pounder. When we headed into the chop though, we began taking on lots of water. In the end I made Robert jump out and head for the shoreline, cuz I had no interest in sinking the boat or jettisoning ammonites.....the 7 mile run back to the truck went a lot better from that point forward.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

A couple years ago a buddy and I hit a remote stretch of Texoma shoreline with my little jon boat and got into the Eos. We ended up putting 12 in the boat including my prized 90 pounder. When we headed into the chop though, we began taking on lots of water. In the end I made Robert jump out and head for the shoreline, cuz I had no interest in sinking the boat or jettisoning ammonites.....the 7 mile run back to the truck went a lot better from that point forward.

"Your killin me!"

I agree . Those are AWSOME !!!!!!

I meant that part about kicking Robert out of the boat... :faint: