Brazos-micro Teeth

makoken

Here are some small teeth found by CAREFUL screening. I'll post theother stuff later. btw how can you photo the black teeth better?

post-1010-1233271639_thumb.jpg

Here are some small teeth found by CAREFUL screening. I'll post theother stuff later. btw how can you photo the black teeth better?

How much material did you screen to find these? Is this from the Whisky Bridge? I'm going to the Brazos tomorrow up near Weatherford. Maybe I should bring a couple of buckets.

I'm gonna play Willie's golf course next week! I haven't been out to Briarcliff in a while.

How much material did you screen to find these? Is this from the Whisky Bridge? I'm going to the Brazos tomorrow up near Weatherford. Maybe I should bring a couple of buckets.

I'm gonna play Willie's golf course next week! I haven't been out to Briarcliff in a while.

Yes they're from W.B. I brought back about 3 gals of material, and have'nt gone through all of it. Drop me a pm, we could meet up at Lee's for lunch.

Sounds good. I stopped at WB on my way to East TX last week. I just wanted to check it out. Also I knew that a group was going on Sat., and I didn't want to take everything. :) I will PM you when I get back. I'm fossil hunting until my unemployment runs out, or I find a job.

Sounds good. I stopped at WB on my way to East TX last week. I just wanted to check it out. Also I knew that a group was going on Sat., and I didn't want to take everything. :) I will PM you when I get back. I'm fossil hunting until my unemployment runs out, or I find a job.

I'm with ya, unfortunatly I might be going back to work in a couple of weeks.

Try pumping up the brightness, then the contrast, then the hue saturation.

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

Try pumping up the brightness, then the contrast, then the hue saturation.
Thank you, I have some Peace river finds I was also having trouble photographing.

Cool - glad my suggestion helped produce some finds.

And as I posted yesterday there are sometimes some that aren't so small - at least by Texas standards. :P

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

Cool - glad my suggestion helped produce some finds.

And as I posted yesterday there are sometimes some that aren't so small - at least by Texas standards. :P

In Bakersfield STH I'd get exited about the big ones. Now the little ones got me going!! Thanks again.

I know what you guys mean about having fun fossiling at home.I brought back 2 5gallon buckets full of pre-sifted gravel home from POC.I have gone through about 2 1/2 gallons worth.I have found many parts and pieces,a few small verts, and some interesting small teeth which look like they are from the family Sclerorhynchidae. They are directly left of the word liberty.Any educated comments on those?post-417-1233287170_thumb.jpgpost-417-1233287202_thumb.jpg

Kind of looks like a Heterodontis tooth. btw I don't think I'll be able to make it this sat. Good luck.

I know what you guys mean about having fun fossiling at home.I brought back 2 5gallon buckets full of pre-sifted gravel home from POC.I have gone through about 2 1/2 gallons worth.I have found many parts and pieces,a few small verts, and some interesting small teeth which look like they are from the family Sclerorhynchidae. They are directly left of the word liberty.Any educated comments on those?

Niiiiiice little group!

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I know what you guys mean about having fun fossiling at home.I brought back 2 5gallon buckets full of pre-sifted gravel home from POC.I have gone through about 2 1/2 gallons worth.I have found many parts and pieces,a few small verts, and some interesting small teeth which look like they are from the family Sclerorhynchidae. They are directly left of the word liberty.Any educated comments on those?post-417-1233287170_thumb.jpgpost-417-1233287202_thumb.jpg

You got it. Those are the "teeth" from the back of the throat of some variety of sawfish - used for crunching stuff up while swallowing.

POC as I understand it has around 10 varieties and generally range in size from "can't tell what it is since it's so small" to about 5mm although I have a couple around 7mm. My total POC haul of them is in excess of 100 at this point.

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

POC as I understand it has around 10 varieties and generally range in size from "can't tell what it is since it's so small" to about 5mm although I have a couple around 7mm.

Nice I'd love to see some of your larger ones.

I really enjoy searching for teeth on my dining room table.

It's nice to see a complete tooth pop up once in a while.

I just don't know if my back could stand hauling any more 5gal buckets full of gravel up the steep embankment under the 75 bridge. I really should invest in a winch for the truck..........with an extra long cable!!! Ahhh, that would be too easy :P

Talking about "fossiling at home", I had a great experience today fossiling in my garage. I came across an old "sandwich size" paper sack and opened it up to find that it contained some tertiary vert mtl that I'd collected years ago when I was a rookie to vert collecting. Appearantly all I knew when I picked the stream gravel bar material up was that it was something. To my great surprise and joy, I found that I'd picked up a giant sloth claw and associated knuckle bone. Ironically, I've wanted a sloth claw for some time now and haven't found one. Imagine my excited surprise at finding out that I'd had one (Plus associated knuckle) all this time. - Sometimes it pays to look in forgotten crannies in the garage! :rolleyes:

I found that I'd picked up a giant sloth claw and associated knuckle bone. Awesome was the claw in pretty good shape?