What Kind Of Petrified Bones Are These?

barefootgirl

I found these bones down in the Sulphur last weekend. Here is a pict of what part of the Sulphur looks like. The other stuff I have no idea what it is but if anybody has an idea Id like to know. It looks like petrified enamel? The rock was just pretty and reminded me of agate.

post-1082-1233283102_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1233282808_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1233282885_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1233282701_thumb.jpg

A piece of beautiful Chalcydoni

post-1082-1233283007_thumb.jpg

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

I found these bones down in the Sulphur last weekend. Here is a pict of what part of the Sulphur looks like. The other stuff I have no idea what it is but if anybody has an idea Id like to know. It looks like petrified enamel? The rock was just pretty and reminded me of agate.

post-1082-1233283102_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1233282808_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1233282885_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1233282701_thumb.jpg

A piece of beautiful Chalcydoni

post-1082-1233283007_thumb.jpg

Pic. 2 & 3 definetly look like bone. What is picture 4 of ?

• I found this Informative 1

The bones are too fragmentary for me to ID, but I know there is a lot of mosasaur material found there. You hit it right with the enamel. You have at least two pieces of mastodon or gompothere enamel.

Cool! Sorry I didn't put a size marker with it. I goofed on that one. If you want to see more of what I found and a picture of what I thought was petrified wood but was only slickenside calcite, you can go look in my album I made tonight.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Good job it's hard to find good material on the Sulphur right now due to the lack of rain.

Unless you have a secret spot ;)post-417-1233288071_thumb.jpgpost-417-1233288122_thumb.jpg

Here is a bone very similar to the bone you have in the 3rd pic down that I found on the NSR some years back.

Good job it's hard to find good material on the Sulphur right now due to the lack of rain.

Unless you have a secret spot ;)post-417-1233288071_thumb.jpgpost-417-1233288122_thumb.jpg

Here is a bone very similar to the bone you have in the 3rd pic down that I found on the NSR some years back.

Hey that does look alot like what I have. I bet it would be pretty sliced open :D . With it being so dry, I have actually been able to go farther down the river starting at the Paris bridge and going east. My foot prints are the only ones out there and the pickens are good. I haven't even bothered posting all the sharks teeth I found over the last 2 weekends. Its is such a large area that it would take a massive amount of people to clear that area out. Travis county needs to post what he found. I know he found some sharks teeth down there and some other stuff.

Alfred North Whithead

I haven't even bothered posting all the sharks teeth I found over the last 2 weekends.

What!!!!!!!!!!! Please lets see um. Pretty Please :D

Im to tired tonight but Ill post the more interesting ones tomorrow. Actually they are all looking the same to me. I find more teeth in this area than anything else. They don't really excite me like some of the other stuff does. :blush:

Alfred North Whithead