Sulfur River Ammonite?

texaswoodie

I made a quick trip to the Sulfur River Sat. This is the best one I found. A positive ID would be great. I'm a complete noob, so please bear with me.

post-1239-1233592271_thumb.jpg

Love them nobby things; nice find!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Reminds me a lot Trachyscaphites spiniger, but may be due to an effect of compression.

I'm sure that other members are more familiarized with the fauna, and they sure will give a better ID.

Greetings

Sorry because the same ID was given before my response (is the problem of having to translate all what you say). :faint:

well, we've got t.s. from the red zone west of 2990 in our collection, but i haven't seen one from the chalk before, but then i don't get out much. it does look pretty spinigeresque...

I'm not positive, but that looks like one of the cream-filled kind......they're delicious.

T. crullerii?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!