Edisto River Finds

sharkdentist

I wanted to share my finds from the Edisto river from this past summer. This river gets as low as 3 feet in the summer allowing for some snorkeling this was my first attempt at snorkeling and the finds were not to bad. My wife and myself have a vacation home on the river and can not wait for the summer to get here and the river to drop and the fosslin to began.

post-1253-1233632562_thumb.jpg

That's a vacation!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Those are really cool.

First thing to come to mind was, wow, I can't wait to see what sorts of megs he finds.

Then, what about visibility of the water?

And, oh yeah, are there gators or bull sharks running around, too???

Just curious.

O

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

Those are really cool.

First thing to come to mind was, wow, I can't wait to see what sorts of megs he finds.

Then, what about visibility of the water?

And, oh yeah, are there gators or bull sharks running around, too???

Just curious.

O

The visibility is very clear the warter is only 3 to 4 feet deep. I have been in that river since I was 9 yrs old and only seen one gator they stay up river mostly because of the boat traffic were we are at. Never seen a bull shark either but was fishing one time and caught a flounder now this part of the river is 45 min to hour from the coast. I have included two of my very best Angustiden in this messeage for you to take a look at they came from a land find in North Charleston.

post-1253-1233670910_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1233670932_thumb.jpg

Wow, that's a killer bourrelette. Must be an unforgettable moment when you found it. Wich size for it?.

Greetings

Wow, that's a killer bourrelette. Must be an unforgettable moment when you found it. Wich size for it?.

Greetings

The size of the big Angy on the right is 4 1/2 inches and the one on the left is a little of 2 3/4 inches.

The size of the big Angy on the right is 4 1/2 inches and the one on the left is a little of 2 3/4 inches.

Awesome! Thanks for posting - those are some true beauties!

As for the snorkeling part I lived in Hawaii as a kid for 5 yrs. Consequently I have close to 600 dives under my belt and over 4000 (800 specimen quality) shells in boxes in my attic.

Now if I could only apply those skills to fossil hunting... B)

Owen

Awesome! Thanks for posting - those are some true beauties!

As for the snorkeling part I lived in Hawaii as a kid for 5 yrs. Consequently I have close to 600 dives under my belt and over 4000 (800 specimen quality) shells in boxes in my attic.

Now if I could only apply those skills to fossil hunting... B)

Owen

you can just fly out to south carolina i'll see to it you get hooked up with the right people.

you can just fly out to south carolina i'll see to it you get hooked up with the right people.

Thanks!

I was out there on business in Nov and Rob C. took me hunting in one of the creeks near Summerville. Great trip for me.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to come out again some time this spring.

I really like the brown color that the teeth are that come out of the Edisto. We are going to have to go snorkeling this summer for sure.

I'm not worried about the gators, it is the dang copperheads and cottonmouths that I worry about. Walked up on a cottonmouth at Richardson by the RR trussel. Good thing I saw him when I did, he was sunning himself and I had my 10 yr old son Wade with me. Needless to say, we slowly backed up and went to another spot and the snake got that one for the day! LOL

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"