Megalodon Tooth Purchase

kimtastic

• New Members

Hi,

Just a quick question about purchasing a megalodon tooth. Has anyone heard of or had any experience with the online store fossilera ?? I was thinking about buying my 11 year old one for her birthday. The one I was thinking about getting in just under 4 inches and its about $80 they say its from Georgia. Thanks !!!

Hello,

There are a lot of considerations for Megalodon teeth (or any fossil)--location may matter a lot to collectors, even though it doesn't necessarily affect the fossil itself (Ohio Isotelus compared to other Isotelus, certain Megalodon sites, now-closed localities).

Fossilera is a reputable website, but if you're looking for "big" but not necessarily are concerned about the condition (enamel, bourlette, root, serrations), then you can probably purchase a larger one that's not quite as well preserved :).

Reese

• I found this Informative 1

There are a number of forum members who trade/sell Megs of all sorts of shapes/sizes/colors/quality. Describe the details/need and you will likely get some responses.

Some of my BEST purchases came from Bill Eberlein at www.megateeth.com. I have seen Bill and his teeth at a LOT of SouthEast US Fossil shows and purchased these 2 a while back.

post-2220-0-65753900-1411746470_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shellseeker
  • I found this Informative 1

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"