Pack Creek Area Near Moab

frannigrace

• New Members

I'm heading to Moab in a couple of weeks, and I appreciate the tips on possible sites in the area that I've found around the forum. I of course will not touch anything in a national park and know the BLM rules, and first on the itinerary will be a visit to Lin and family at the shop.

I'm curious if anyone has ever done any hunting in the pack creek area. We'll be staying in a cabin there and I'm hoping it might be hiding some little known trove. I would also settle for one of those easy access, casual hour before dinner piddle around spots. You know the type of place I mean, right? When you've had a full day of hunting or hiking and want a place to take just a beer and a backpack and poke around while you work up the energy to throw something on the grill?

We'll be heading from Oklahoma up by way of a night in Red River NM and Durango CO and back through Farmington and Santa Fe, so any quick side trips there would be helpful as well.

Thanks in advance!

Ah Moab.... I don't know any fossiling sites, but it is paradise for hiking. Besides the obvious Arches and Canyonland (and Dead Horse Point), Bill Canyon to Morning Glory Bridge is nice -- and close. The Castle Valley area north on Highway 128 is nice too. If you don't mind a drive, check out Little Wildhorse Canyon near Goblin Valley State Park.

Context is critical.

• New Members

Yup, Moab is awesome in itself, for sure...and hunting is definitely secondary to lots of other options there. Still, where there are so many rocks it is really hard to keep from looking! I was looking at Bill for a hike...is it ATV or 4-wheeler territory? I hate hearing constant whining motors when I'm trying to appreciate the peace of nature.

I was looking at Bill for a hike...is it ATV or 4-wheeler territory? I hate hearing constant whining motors when I'm trying to appreciate the peace of nature.

Not when I was there in '99.

Context is critical.