Cretaceous Tooth And Crab Claw Need Id

Uncle Siphuncle

The tooth (Polyacrodus?) and crab claw(ignore the superfluous Paleopagurus banderensis fingers and concentrate on the double fingered thingy) hail from an exposure of Glen Rose fm, Albian/Aptian contact, Comal Co., TX.....I'd like to tap y'all's collective paleo acumen to nail down ID of these critters to at least the genus level. Any takers?

Many other goodies came to hand as well - all to be detailed in my Feb report so stay tuned in a couple weeks.........

post-22-1234721940_thumb.jpg

post-22-1234721952_thumb.jpg

post-22-1234721970_thumb.jpg

post-22-1234721984_thumb.jpg

post-22-1234722009_thumb.jpg

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Hint: The tooth is not mastodon, mua ha ha!

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

This is the closest tooth I can find, and it's not a perfect match. TOOTH

It must be a pretty rare Lower Cretaceous tooth... B)

The claw is awesome!

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

and crab claw(ignore the superfluous Paleopagurus banderensis fingers and concentrate

I lost a juvenile Stone Crab, that I brought back from Fla 30 years ago.I lost him in SE Texas.

Dan...did you find my baby!

His name was craboctofingerling.

Nice finds...have you checked the Welton /Farrish book on the tooth?

the "tooth" is clearly of alien origin and therefore would have no binomial appellation.

the "crab claw" is a carbonate-covered clasp from a necklace.

those two weirdnesses were obviously planted in what otherwise is a docile and predictable formation by some sick puppy like me.

p.s. - the toothish thingee is creepy. wonder what the rest of the critter looked like.

:huh?:

I can't believe the worldwide forces of the Forum haven't given you a lead on your 110-115 million year old, 8mm "mastodonshark" tooth.

I have one of the Polyacrodus obtusus teeth that I know have been posted here. I don't have any info that that species was in Texas, but there was P.brevicostatus and P.illingsworthi

post-77-1234954033_thumb.jpg

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

:huh?:

I can't believe the worldwide forces of the Forum haven't given you a lead on your 110-115 million year old, 8mm "mastodonshark" tooth.

i *did* give a lead on that tooth. everbody oughta be lookin' for signs of extraterresticals, cause that's jes' a naterally alien tooth.

i *did* give a lead on that tooth. everbody oughta be lookin' for signs of extraterresticals, cause that's jes' a naterally alien tooth.

Don't get your echinoids all in a tangle.... I agree a prehistoric shark with tusks is ALIEN. :blink:

Don't get your echinoids all in a tangle.... I agree a prehistoric shark with tusks is ALIEN. :blink:

since i don't mind showing my ignernce - how do we know it's a shark?

secondly, that "don't get your echinoids all in a tangle" comment was really good, but doubtless referred to my cap, of which i'm immensely proud and which i always wear when i post snarge here, and i'm gonna tell the person i got it from that you're disparaging it. and you're prolly gonna hear about it, because they can figure out where to find you, maestro, i mean mister.

shirley you jest....

I know Dan will eventually see this, but what do the experts think of this INFO?

shirley you jest....

I know Dan will eventually see this, but what do the experts think of this INFO?

by "experts", i knew you was including me so i looked at it and in amongst the swahili saw some pictures and looked at them and din't see any signs of the alien lifeform dentitiousness so i'm still scannin' the sky for clues...but nice try at throwin' me off track.