Pcs Lee Creek Slots For The Fossilforum

brsr0131

Welcome to the Forum!

I hope there's a space for you; the fact that Forum members have any slots at all is due entirely to the efforts of just a couple of benefactors. If it turns out that there are not enough to go around, at least you'vs "dug up" the Forum community, and we hope to see you regularly :)

PS: Are you anywhere near McConnellsburg?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thanks,

I really feel like I hit on the right place! Until a year ago I lived on top of the Tuscarora MT. 3 miles above McConnelsburg.

Now I'm about 15 min. away.

april 18

There are some rough ole boys up here in the Mountains of East Tennessee. You have to be prepared. Haha!! The truth is,

I was in Iraq last year and some buddies of mine gave me that rock I was holding as a joke/gift. It was just a rock but it couldn't have meant anymore if they had gave me a mountain.

I for one would like to say I am really looking forward to meeting (maybe again) the members of the Forum. If I am invited (as a forum member, I would like to attend the dinner in Washington. I am also praying to the Fossil Gods that all members find at least one huge meg and anything else they desire! See you all in March!

I for one would like to say I am really looking forward to meeting (maybe again) the members of the Forum. If I am invited (as a forum member, I would like to attend the dinner in Washington. I am also praying to the Fossil Gods that all members find at least one huge meg and anything else they desire! See you all in March!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but there is no "fossil" god. but aside from that i hope all find a huge meg too!!

Miocene/Eocene

...there is no "fossil" god...

Infidel! :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Guest N.AL.hunter
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but there is no "fossil" god. but aside from that i hope all find a huge meg too!!

I must inform you that you are wrong. There are several Fossil Gods. Anson is a Fossil God for starting this wonderful forum. Xaphactinus is a Fossil God for obvious reasons if you've seen his little fish. Every member that has invited me to collect with them are lesser fossil gods. Heck, Fossils Gods are all over (I can only imagine what Harry's whole collection must look like!). So I wonder if I turn my house into the Church of Fossils, will I have to pay property taxes?

Pray for me, too please! I need all the help I can get. I've been searching for just ONE complete meg. I always find pieces. I once found a piece that probably belonged to a 5" tooth, but it was just the root. :( I was soooo excited until I uncovered it. Then disappointment set in. I hope to find one this trip. ALL I WANT IS ONE!!!!!!!! Anyone out there willing to point me in the right direction or give me a few pointers??

• New Members

It has already been stated that chances are slim for a newbie, but you never know unless you try. Please consider my name for a single slot.

I will be posting a member introduction shortly followed by trip reports/exploits from an yet another Marylander at the cliffs. In the mean time greetings from the Eastern Shore! :D

Good hunting Y'all. I am with the friends of the Museum so my hunting date is allready set. Looking forward to seeing the finds you post!

Be true to the reality you create.

ok guys and gals....last chance to put your name in for a chance to hunt at Lee Creek. I will post who will be going in on Sunday night. Good luck to you all.

I must inform you that you are wrong. There are several Fossil Gods. Anson is a Fossil God for starting this wonderful forum. Xaphactinus is a Fossil God for obvious reasons if you've seen his little fish. Every member that has invited me to collect with them are lesser fossil gods. Heck, Fossils Gods are all over (I can only imagine what Harry's whole collection must look like!). So I wonder if I turn my house into the Church of Fossils, will I have to pay property taxes?
All I have to say is HOKA HEY, The fossil GODS are out there!! Buffalo stones.

i guess someone from the place would notice if i carried in a large, heavy duffel bag and it was wiggling, wouldn't they?

i guess someone from the place would notice if i carried in a large, heavy duffel bag and it was wiggling, wouldn't they?

Why bother with that, just get a fake ID. (joking) :D

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

I would like to add my name to the rather long list for your consideration. Thanks Brian for putting this together. Now all i can do is pray :P

-steve

---Wie Wasser schleift den Stein, wir steigen und fallen---

Tomorrow's hunt (March 1) got cancelled.

:(

Weathered out?

Guest bmorefossil

yes 5 inches of rain i heard, i think we are getting snow up here, it really sucks for everyone that was going.

• New Members
yes 5 inches of rain i heard, i think we are getting snow up here, it really sucks for everyone that was going.

I would love a chance to be able to enter the hallowed ground of PCS for the first time.

Johnny

This year I had alot more requests for a slot into Lee Creek. I wish I could give every single person one but in reality I cant. I am very sorry for those of you that will not be able to go in. But there is a good line up of people that I have from all over the country and if all things go well it will be a good representation of the fossil forum and what it stands for. And without further a due here are the lucky ones.

Obsessed1

Haizahnjager

toothpuller

grandpa

iamsharky

Gymnura sp

This year I had alot more requests for a slot into Lee Creek. I wish I could give every single person one but in reality I cant. I am very sorry for those of you that will not be able to go in. But there is a good line up of people that I have from all over the country and if all things go well it will be a good representation of the fossil forum and what it stands for. And without further a due here are the lucky ones.

Obsessed1

Haizahnjager

toothpuller

grandpa

iamsharky

Gymnura sp

Congrats to all you folks! I'll be there the same day with my East Coast Fossil Club. Please introduce

yourselves to the tall grayhaired geezer in my profile page. I hope to meet you all. Pray for no thunderstorms.

-greel

Obsessed1

Haizahnjager

toothpuller

grandpa

iamsharky

Gymnura sp

Three Cheers for the Tooth Brigade!

Represent us well, brave souls (should we instead call you "F-Troop"? :P ).

Guest solius symbiosus

Congrats to those that made the list.

Represent us well, brave souls (should we instead call you "F-Troop"? :P ).

Haha! The younger members might not get the reference.

BTW, that was one of my favorite shows as a kid.

To those of you that just missed a slot; I promise to hunt hard, take no lunch break, and make you proud.

-HZJ