I Have A Question And Need Some Help.

jpbowden

<calling off camera> auuuuspexxxxx! get in here, please! my funny's broken again!

Take two Marx Bros. films and PM me in the morning.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

...take a 3 phase 138K circuit with no stops, feeding power to a 27,000 ac motor with an

exposed winding. Here it is running along at 900 rpm, everything is fine, pulling 8000 amps, then you pull out your trusty 20mm AT round and pop one into it. This

round cuts the first layer of insulation arcs, and heads on in, taking with it molten copper and plasma with it, by this time you will notice that the motor is starting to behave badly. Now this motor is as big as a building and the round, well you get the picture. This motor will blow up.

Um...theoretical extrapolation or personal experience? 'Bout the motor, I mean.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Um...theoretical extrapolation or personal experience? 'Bout the motor, I mean.

Not a motor but a two story high transformer, wasn't pretty and I couldn't hear for a week. Motors that big are really neat, no cables just buss bar and walk all inside of them, feel like a cockroach.