Peace River 2/14 Late Report

peacefossil

Hey all!

Sorry I was hoping to get some nice pictures before I posted, but these cell phone ones will have to do for now.

So let me apologize ahead of time I know they are horrid and I don't have any size reference. I will do my best to get much better ones soon. Moving ahead ... Went out late around 1 PM got to the public ramp and headed to my fav spot. Saw quite a few people there already. Asked politely to hang around the group (THANK YOU! B) ) Don't know who you all are, but I did enjoy the company. I stayed way late (too many critters should have left sooner!)

From the first sift to the last it was a great trip. Many lemon, tiger, hemi teeth. Almost gave up when I found the reward of the day. Found what I believe is a whale vert nearly baseball size (measurements later) On to the pictures :

post-505-1234922383_thumb.jpg

post-505-1234922395_thumb.jpg

post-505-1234922406_thumb.jpg

post-505-1234922426_thumb.jpg

well, um, can you elaborate on the stayed too late and too many critters? i mean if you had some drama, we might as well enjoy it from the safety of our couches, no?

Hah! No drama, got out BEFORE they got me (although some fire ants made the ride home with me)

Never a good thing standing in a creek by yourself with odd sounds from the woods and water splashes nearby.

My phone is the sony walkman 2mp and I did adjust the pics in PS7 for size and contrast.

...well they are some of the best cell phone pictures that i have seen...

I'll say; way better than I ever took!

<confounded new-fangled gadgit!>

post-423-1234924570_thumb.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I'll say; way better than I ever took!

<confounded new-fangled gadgit!>

Hey at least it was clean, it could have been worse. :P

What's the blue thing?

A worn vert from a "blue" whale? :P

I'm hoping it's color is an artifact of the lighting.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!