Is This A Good Deal?

thefossilkid

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...=tab%3DWatching

Is it a good price for the condition? and what do you guys think about it? im thinking of getting it but i dont want to spend 250.00 for a piece of S#%$ ! Thanks

I don't think so... go for quality, not quantity.

I don't think so... go for quality, not quantity.

ok, what do i look for in a good quality tooth?Thanks

Jake.

reread your own words in your post. you answered your own question before you asked it.

it doesn't matter if fried batwings are on sale if you weren't in the market for fried batwings.

even a broken watch is right twice a day, so if it's cheap, would you buy it?

do you have a 20-year-old, rusted out cadillac parked in your backyard so you can tell people you have a cadillac?

the desire to acquire is strong, but remember archie bunker's famous words - "stifle yourself".

p.s. - you can just do what i did for tj. i got him a ruler that's got the inch markings a bit closer together than normal. he thinks all his teeth are about 30 percent bigger than they are...

p.p.s. - april fools!!

For the quality and location of this tooth, you should be looking at 100-120 dollars for that tooth. The tooth is an Atlantic ocean tooth, found off the coast of North Carolina. The quality from that location isn't great. You can see that the serrations are completely worn off, the enamel has started to peel and the root is pitted and cracked. This is to be expected from this location, but you can usually pick up teeth like this for around 100 dollars at auction.

Don't completely trust people who tell you that a tooth is worth what you are willing to pay. You have to remember that, in the likely event that you tire of the tooth, it must also be worth what another person is willing to pay.

Take a pass on this and the next three like it, then use the money you saved for an awsome tooth!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I agree with quality over quantity as well. Look for intact serrations, especially at the tip, good enamel and bourlette and a nice root. The only thing this tooth has really going for it is size, and the seller doesn't give a real specific dimension. His 6" tooth could actually be 5 7/8" depending what he measures with and we all know that is a big price difference.

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

I agree with quality over quantity as well. Look for intact serrations, especially at the tip, good enamel and bourlette and a nice root. The only thing this tooth has really going for it is size, and the seller doesn't give a real specific dimension. His 6" tooth could actually be 5 7/8" depending what he measures with and we all know that is a big price difference.

OK, great! do you guys have any MEGS. you want to sell?Thanks

Jake.

http://www.megateeth.com

There's some killer teeth are good prices on that site.

If I were you, I'd try the eBay sellers Sanzviz or Matt383. They've always been the most reasonable sellers. Matty will likely help you get exactly what you are looking for if you ask.

• 1 month later...

im sorry to disagree. but it was over 6 inches which makes it a monster. i wouldnt pay but 10 years from now might be worth double. 6 inchers are getting very rare. i would pay 150 to 200. a 6 in nc auroris without repair in fine condition would cost u thousands.

Hey Kid try this guy I have got a few thing from him and was very happy with the deal

http://www.hotlinecy.com/fossils.htm

Seldom

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Have patience sweetie. I know its hard with that money burning a hole in your pocket but remember..........Good things come to those who wait. Good luck with the hunt.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Have patience sweetie. I know its hard with that money burning a hole in your pocket but remember..........Good things come to those who wait. Good luck with the hunt.

I think i found one, ill let you guys know what happens!

Jake.

Another thing you can think of if you have something to offer in a trade. I have gotten really nice megs for trade, and no money was involed.