Teeth From Post Oak Creek

barefootgirl

Here are some of the teeth from the bucket traviscounty brought to me and my daughter. We love this stuff. We have just been picking things out bit by bit we haven't screened yetpost-1082-1234995714_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1234995736_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1234995775_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1234995814_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1234995939_thumb.jpg

I think the little white thing in the center is just some type of seed pod. Cierra found it.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Tell Cierra I've been surprised by the little seed pods too. I think they are hackberry tree seeds.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Tell Cierra I've been surprised by the little seed pods too. I think they are hackberry tree seeds.

I have a 90yr old Hackberry out in my front yard. Maybe thats where Ive seen those seeds pods before. It's amazing how detailed it is.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

I have a 90yr old Hackberry out in my front yard. Maybe thats where Ive seen those seeds pods before. It's amazing how detailed it is.

Also tell Cierra that there are fossil Hackberry seeds all the way back to the Eocene :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Also tell Cierra that there are fossil Hackberry seeds all the way back to the Eocene :)

After I read what you had to say Auspex and since Cierra wont leave me alone about it. I went and took a closer look at the seed. I tapped it on my tooth to get a feel of what it is and its not soft its gritty like rock or ceramic feeling like its stone in texture. Maybe the little rat found something.

Alfred North Whithead

Geat finds! I love sifting through bulk material from POC at home. I can sit for hours looking through that stuff.