Upper Cretaceous

CreekCrawler

Made a trek out to do some gravel sifting today in North East Texas.I made entry into a river up that way and walked about 1/2 mile to a gravel bar and camped there for a few hours. Found some nice Squalicorax kaupi,1 Rhombodos binkhorsti {Ray Tooth}and some as of yet unidentified sharks teeth, and a scute from a gator/croc.

Ans some misc pieces of bone. This particular River had no footprints there.It's nice when you can collect a river that has had little collecting traffic!

thanks for lookin

post-417-1235011401_thumb.jpgpost-417-1235011432_thumb.jpgpost-417-1235011449_thumb.jpgUpdate scut is just a silly bone LOL

Nice haul Snakekeeper64, especially the crows and goblins! What is the age of the Cretaceous layer from which your finds come (70 mya)?

-HZJ

Nice haul Snakekeeper64, especially the crows and goblins! What is the age of the Cretaceous layer from which your finds come (70 mya)?

-HZJ

Hi there the crow shark teeth in this part of Tx are Campanian in age.The Rhombodos are common in the Maestritchian. This river cuts through both of the groups. I'm getting the material from the reworked gravel bars there.

thanks

Good exploratory run, Barry. :thumbsup:

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Cool finds Barry! any chance of a forum group trip there in the near future? although, I would understand if you wanna keep this spot to yourself for a while.

That river looks like fun. Lately all our river/creek spots have been flooded. Can't wait for a dry spell.

Here's the creek near my house. We need rain! :(

post-1159-1235050985_thumb.jpg

That river looks like fun. Lately all our river/creek spots have been flooded. Can't wait for a dry spell.

I bet the anticipation is killin ya!!!

Can't wait to see the cool finds after it subsides.

Man, that looks like some tough fossil hunting right there!

There's fossils, but it's mainly the same stuff. I could build a house out of it.

post-1159-1235058080_thumb.jpg

There's fossils, but it's mainly the same stuff. I could build a house out of it.

Keep lookin Trav.....It looks like you are in the right area!

Got Gryphia? :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Got Gryphia? :P

t'aint Gryphaea, and if you built your house out of del rio formation you'd be swimmin' in yellow mud when it rained.

(sorry, it's been one of them days so far...)

I was told it is Ilymatogyra arietina. Whatever it is, I will trade a bucket of it for 5" Meg tooth. B)

you were told correctly, and good luck on that trade offer...

I was told it is Ilymatogyra arietina. Whatever it is, I will trade a bucket of it for 5" Meg tooth. B)

Two buckets-full are on their way to you, please send me my two 5" Megs.

Thank you! :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!