Thursday Hunt Finds From Summerville Sc

sharkdentist

The much waited day finally came and Thursday I was off to Summerville SC to hunt some fossil's all my hunting buddy's were working or could not make the trip the finds were nice but no one there to show as they were brought out the watery grave that has housed them for millions of years. So I am shareing the finds with you guys. The Angustiden messured in at little over 2 inches the shark vert was also a nice addition, the dolphin tooth was found not long after the Angustiden. The best find of the day for me was the posterior megalodon.

post-1253-1235274449_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1235274459_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1235274475_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1235274485_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1235274498_thumb.jpg

All pretty cool; my fave might be that li'l posterior Meg.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Angustiden, very nice. :D I don't even know if we have those in MD, do we?

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

The much waited day finally came and Thursday I was off to Summerville SC to hunt some fossil's all my hunting buddy's were working or could not make the trip the finds were nice but no one there to show as they were brought out the watery grave that has housed them for millions of years. So I am shareing the finds with you guys. The Angustiden messured in at little over 2 inches the shark vert was also a nice addition, the dolphin tooth was found not long after the Angustiden. The best find of the day for me was the posterior megalodon.

Good day in the creek. The posterior meg gets my vote also.

Angustiden, very nice. :D I don't even know if we have those in MD, do we?

PF to my understanding there are no marine Oligocene deposits/exposures in MD. You do find C. chubutensis with rather large secondary cusps in MD, but since the Angustidens is classified as an Oligocene shark, you don't technically find any there. Looks like you're going to have to make a South-bound trip in the near future. ;)

-HZJ

Well, trust me, I sure wished I was in town to go! it was 17 degrees in Michigan and I am soooooooooooooooo glad to be back home! but unfortunately I have caught a cold that developed into a really nice sinus infection, you know, the kind where your teeth hurt!!!!!

We wil lhave to get together soon and do some more hunting.

AeroMike

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

Well, trust me, I sure wished I was in town to go! it was 17 degrees in Michigan and I am soooooooooooooooo glad to be back home! but unfortunately I have caught a cold that developed into a really nice sinus infection, you know, the kind where your teeth hurt!!!!!

We wil lhave to get together soon and do some more hunting.

AeroMike

I am sorry to hear that I hope you feel better let me know when you are ready to hunt some.