Fossiltrip To Florida

sharklover

Hello

I like to make another trip to usa next year.

I hope to stay about nine day's, with two weekends in this period.

Also i hope in this period to go to the Aurora mine.

who can help me on info as like places where I can surch every day to find shark teeth and urchins.

Maybe someone or more people from the forum have some time free to surch with me.

When someon prepare a very interesting trip,and love some company tell me.

greeting Cor

Hey

Is there no one in this new year that have the intention to do a benefaction.?

When you must fly 10 hour and have nine day's to surch for shark teeth and echinoid's , what place you recommend in the Florida region or a very interesting other place.

You must take the idea in your mind that you have only nine day's and like to surch each day.

When you are in this situation, where you would go?

give me some ideas of your favorite places.?

Let we hold a vote to see what to be the best place is to surch for shark teeth and echinoids.

Cor :Thumbs-up:

Sharklover,

I don't live in FL but the Peace River between Arcadia and Zolfo Springs seem to be popular as well as Venice Beach and Casperson Beach. These places seem to be well known though. In FL 3 things will increase your finds dramatically: scuba gear, a boat, and a serious local collector willing to help you out. The FL panhandle rivers seem to be decent for echinoids from what I've heard as are some of the central and north Florida quarries and spoil areas.

When I travel to collect I tend to establish a rapport with a local well in advance, bring him or her some pretty good fossils from my area, spread my efforts so I don't overwork his favorite areas during my trip, then keep his sites secret. If you try approaching people individually with private emails you might get a better response as some folks don't wish to divulge their best sites on a public forum. Hope this helps.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Shark teeth in the creeks of Gainesville and the echinoids in the Santa Fe river both in Fla.

post-23-1199372330_thumb.jpg

It's my bone!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...