Your "go To" Book For Trilobites.

Raggedy Man

I've been looking around for a book or book set that covers all of the trilobites known thus far. Now I don't expect it to be current to the day, month or year that's absurd Lol.

This is the part where I express my need for assistance. As always, any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Paul S.

...I'm back.

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

I really want to get it. Im a visual learner. BUT i have yet to find a Trilobite lol, so it's not justified.......yet.

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK

I really want to get it. Im a visual learner. BUT i have yet to find a Trilobite lol, so it's not justified.......yet.

We're going to change that this year, Charlie. A friend of mine drove from here to St Leon and back this past Saturday are killed it. Now I'm itching! It's been a long winter!

Finding my way through life; one fossil at a time.

http://www.press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/book/chicago/T/bo17616349.html

Here's another book I found. It's definitely cheaper in price as it's an ebook.

It also looks as if Rob beat me to it!! We will definitely have to change your trilobite luck this summer!!

Edit:

Rob St.Leon, Indiana? That's one heck of a day drive there and back. It took my wife and I almost 7 hours to drive to St.Paul, Indiana from SE Wisconsin.

However, regardless of the driving time I am definitely sure it's totally worth it.

Edited by Raggedy Man

...I'm back.

Haha, thanks for the positive outlook. I actually did find two tiny trilos (3mm) in Calhoun Georgia (of all places) on my way down to hunt the Peace. It's my halfway point, and we sleep there over night. But they were just too small and fragile that i ended up losing them.....eek.

~Charlie~

Hey Paul. Yeah, it would be about ten hours of travel for me round trip So if I leave at 4 a.m that'd give me hours of good hunting time, before leaving and returning home at a desent time. Long day, but worth the effort. Hotels are reasonably priced in that area too. So an overnight trip works too. But not necessary.

Finding my way through life; one fossil at a time.

Hey Paul. Yeah, it would be about ten hours of travel for me round trip So if I leave at 4 a.m that'd give me hours of good hunting time, before leaving and returning home at a desent time. Long day, but worth the effort. Hotels are reasonably priced in that area too. So an overnight trip works too. But not necessary.

Yeah, i just looked it up. It's about 5hrs for me. Leaving at 4am isn't out of the question. It's a heck of a lot easier to get through Chicago at that time. I think a overnight trip is more worth it.

Now we just have to melt all of this snow......

~Charlie~