My First Show Of The Year

Northern Sharks

This weekend was my club's annual show and, while the focus was more on minerals, the were several dealers with fossils. Here's a sampling

1) A selection of Moroccan trilobites

2) Onnia superba trilobite, also from Morocco (This one I'm considering buying, any thoughts as to it's legitimacy)

3) There were lots of small Green River fish, but this Caturus furcatus from Germany was impressive. About 10-12 inches long

4) A huge Moroccan ammonite, Procheloniceras

5) For Auspex, a Green River feather

6) One of the neater mineral samples I saw: Mesolite from India

7) My award winning display of Great White and Giant White shark evolutuion.

post-77-1235956982_thumb.jpg

post-77-1235957003_thumb.jpg

post-77-1235957033_thumb.jpg

post-77-1235957057_thumb.jpg

post-77-1235957078_thumb.jpg

post-77-1235957093_thumb.jpg

post-77-1235957118_thumb.jpg

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

The trilo looks genuine, but the shark's teeth are way too good to be real! :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Must have been a great show. Thanks for posting pics! :D

Tha tighin fodham, fodham, fodham!

That Caturus must to be cool, it seems a big one.

The ammonite is a true sculpting job ;)

This weekend was my club's annual show and, while the focus was more on minerals, the were several dealers with fossils. Here's a sampling

1) A selection of Moroccan trilobites

2) Onnia superba trilobite, also from Morocco (This one I'm considering buying, any thoughts as to it's legitimacy)

3) There were lots of small Green River fish, but this Caturus furcatus from Germany was impressive. About 10-12 inches long

4) A huge Moroccan ammonite, Procheloniceras

5) For Auspex, a Green River feather

6) One of the neater mineral samples I saw: Mesolite from India

7) My award winning display of Great White and Giant White shark evolutuion.

Very nice shark tooth display. I wish I could read the labels which go along with all those great looking teeth.

Very nice shark tooth display. I wish I could read the labels which go along with all those great looking teeth.

Thanks for the compliments. The labels are pretty basic: name, age, frequency for finding and any distinguishing characteristics basically. As there are not too many tooth collectors upi here, and I was limited with space, I just tried to keep it fairly simple.

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Great display, NS. I've seen some of the teeth you've posted. You've got an impressive collection of teeth. And your shark teeth are nice, too. lol :P

Thanks for the compliments. The labels are pretty basic: name, age, frequency for finding and any distinguishing characteristics basically. As there are not too many tooth collectors upi here, and I was limited with space, I just tried to keep it fairly simple.

I understand. I'm just always curious to hear about the various locations where shark teeth are found.