Odd Question -Dinotasia

fangirl0708

Hi everyone, i have a weird question. We are watching Dinotasia and i saw a dinosaur that i fell in love with, and i am hoping to get some info on it if anyone has seen the movie, and trying to see if it is even a real dinosaur or one they fabricated for the movie. It was in the late cretaceous time period, 65 million years ago and they said lived in Montana. it looks to be a relitive of the T-rex, it's smaller and has a white face. From the research i have done my guess is an Albertosaurus. Does any one have any information that could help me get a definite ID?

There are a few smaller tyrannosaurids found in Montana, including Daspletosaurus, Albertosaurus, and Gorgosaurus. Any coloring doesn't help since very few fossils preserve original coloring and only the skin was colored on tyrannosaurids, not the bones (which are what is found). All lived around 70-75 million years ago (therefore during the Late Cretaceous). All three are relatively the same size and are very similar in appearance, hence a CGI depiction would be fairly hard to ID.

• I found this Informative 1

I know the face coloring wouldnt be able to be know but i just loved all the bumps on their head and the way they look. they are all so amazing

I haven’t seen the movie, but was it by any chance this one?

https://archosaurmusings.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/jackforest.jpg

If so, both David Krentz who modelled it and Angie Rodrigues who applied the colouration refer to it as T. rex in their portfolios.

Roger

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew);Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who [Rudyard Kipling]

I know the face coloring wouldnt be able to be know but i just loved all the bumps on their head and the way they look. they are all so amazing

Its Hollywood's interpretation to make it look cool and mean. Most museums have a kinder image of Trex.

oh ok!!! Thank you so much everyone!!!

I haven’t seen the movie, but was it by any chance this one?

https://archosaurmusings.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/jackforest.jpg

If so, both David Krentz who modelled it and Angie Rodrigues who applied the colouration refer to it as T. rex in their portfolios.

yes that's the one!