Bryozoan Biology

Rockwood

Has the understanding of bryozoan biology changed much since 1978 ? Would a book published at that time be a good value or more often just historical perspective ?

I don't think 1978 would be too old.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Thanks. I was leaning that way myself. I hesitate to pay a lot for endless descriptions, but their individual / colonial nature interests me.

From a paleontological Point of view I would try and get my hands on the appropriate volumes of the Treatise on Invertebrate Paleontology. New ones may be expensive but used copies can be found.

The main thing I would treat with caution in a textbook that old is the phylogenetic relationships. There has been a lot of molecular phylogenetic work since the late '70's in that area. Morphology and genus-level descriptions probably haven't changed that much. Not an expert on bryozoans, I'd say the same thing for any marine invertebrate group.

• I found this Informative 1

Jstor.com offers a free membership to the public where you can check out 3 publications at a time. They have a vast collection of Journals. Paleo. and Bio. Etc.. Some journals are as current as last year.

Be careful though, I lost a day there

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.