Feb 2009 Fossil Report

Uncle Siphuncle

Feel free to peruse last months finds at

Brazosport Museum Website

Click on 2009 and you'll see that Feb is broken into two files. Enjoy.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Very nice. Thanks for posting.

What's the story behind the injured bird on the Jan 1 report?

RAWR! I am zeee dead bobcat!

We just saw that snipe flopping around wounded and got its pic before the predators got a chance at it........

Grüße,

Thank you Dan! As always, awesome pictures and a great read. I can see why you may have been distracted hunting along side the beautiful Rene.....a woman who's willing to strap on some knee pads, crawl around in the dirt looking for fossils and still want more at the end of the day? She's a keeper Dan! Don't let that one get away! Anyway, thanks for the report. I thouroughly enjoyed it.

I am loving the coloration on some of those echinoids.

RAWR! I am zeee dead bobcat!

Jimmy,

I'm not sure I'm charming enough to keep a girl enchanted for long from 1100 miles away, but we'll see.......

Grüße,

A great read, Dan. Not only how to hunt fossils, but why we love to :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Good times, good spots, good peeps, good finds.......mua ha ha!

Grüße,

Hey Dan, when I first joined this fossil forum I tried to open your reports. That was with my old computer and every time I tried to open a PDF file my computer would freeze up and I would have to shut it down manualy and start up all over again! So I quite tryin to open any PDF files. Now with my new computer, (about 5 months old) I tried again and all I get is a blank page. I waited for about 15 minutes and it was still a blank page. What am I doing wrong? Everybody is really enjoying your reports and I kinda feel left out. Boo,,,hoo,,,

RB

You on dial-up? Probably a load/run time issue.

Either that or your parental controlls are set way too high! :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Hey Dan, when I first joined this fossil forum I tried to open your reports. That was with my old computer and every time I tried to open a PDF file my computer would freeze up and I would have to shut it down manualy and start up all over again! So I quite tryin to open any PDF files. Now with my new computer, (about 5 months old) I tried again and all I get is a blank page. I waited for about 15 minutes and it was still a blank page. What am I doing wrong? Everybody is really enjoying your reports and I kinda feel left out. Boo,,,hoo,,,

RB

try right-clicking on the file link instead of left-clicking, and then select "save link as" and save the file to your computer, and then once the file has completely transferred to your computer, try opening it there instead of online. if that doesn't work, you might need a newer version of acrobat reader or something.

Thanks for posting Dan!

And I can't get my wife to travel 11' into the van to get her to go fossil hunting with me more than a couple of times a year...

She's stuck going to Abilene with me in a couple of weeks though! mu wah ha ha ha !!! :P

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

Thanks again for a really fantastic report. I actually find myself wanting to go to Texas, if it weren't for those darn Texans... (wink!)

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

You on dial-up? Probably a load/run time issue.

Either that or your parental controlls are set way too high! :P

I didnt think of that auspex. I do have dial up and it would probably take an hour or two to load? Dang it!!!

RB