Permian Fishes To Clean

bubonius

hello to all,

I write this new topic to ask anyone if you have an experience of clean samples of

GENIUS: Paramblypterus

SPECIES: Gelbe

PERIOD: Lower Permian

FORMATION: Rotliegendes

HORIZON: Jeckenbach

anyone can help me so please do ,

I do not have a sand pen but only little airscribe, needles scalpels and forceps of all sizes and of course brushes of various size

HELP ME :faint: PLEASE! :faint::faint:

hello to all,

I write this new topic to ask anyone if you have an experience of clean samples of

GENIUS: Paramblypterus

SPECIES: Gelbe

PERIOD: Lower Permian

FORMATION: Rotliegendes

HORIZON: Jeckenbach

anyone can help me so please do ,

I do not have a sand pen but only little airscribe, needles scalpels and forceps of all sizes and of course brushes of various size

HELP ME :faint: PLEASE! :faint::faint:

Hey Bubonius. It really depends on the rock and condition of the bone, but I would think that if your very careful. take your time and go slowly, it just might work with the tools you have? By any chance can you post some pics? And try to explain what kind of rock these fossils are in? Hard rock, soft rock, sandy rock, clay rock, limestone, shale and so forth.

RB

hy ron,

thank you for your quick response,

the rocks where inside is the fish are look like dried sludge(of course there are iron powder) as a non-homogeneous

in some places goes away with the cutter,other sites with airscribe or other toolsbut whit a nice bit of strenght

but my fear is that near the profile side where the scales are small and fins is delicate

These numbers jump by ruining the profile of a beautiful fish.

if you can explain how i can load to the forum the pics to you see an example

the colour of rock is natural ocher and when i work my hands become dirt of that color

RE : HEEEEELP ;)

Hey Bubonius. Its hard to help you from so far away, but with most of the fishes I prep, the tail fins are always a crapshoot. Those bones get sooooooooo small, that it can become increasingly difficult to save the last little tiny ones? As far as I know, there is no sure fire way to save them. I would simply suggest keep doing what your doing. A very nice looking fish by the way! I wouldnt mind trying my prep hand at one of those? I wish you the best of luck.

RB