Recent Finds From Friday From Gainesville

sweeneyb

I found a small but very nice meg tooth with very nice coloring as well as a large hemi. I believe the other tooth picture is a meg tooth but not sure (smaller of the three with the larger root). Also was wondering what the longer curved tooth was?

post-502-1236573781_thumb.jpg

Guest bmorefossil
Other pics.

hmmm get some more pictuers of that thing next to the hemi, i really want to know what that is.

hmmm get some more pictuers of that thing next to the hemi, i really want to know what that is.

Attached are some more photos. It does have a tooth attached to it.

post-502-1236576068_thumb.jpg

Guest bmorefossil
Attached are some more photos. It does have a tooth attached to it.

ahhh i can see now, it seems to be a really nice marine mammal tooth, now im not sure which have the flat root like that but i would say dolphin right now until boesse can get you an exact id.

Nice finds! I especially like that large Hemipristis in the first photo, teeth that size are hard to find in such nice condition! Nice megs too!

ahhh i can see now, it seems to be a really nice marine mammal tooth, now im not sure which have the flat root like that but i would say dolphin right now until boesse can get you an exact id.

pretty sure it is a porpoise tooth, has the funky curve to it, just missing a good section of the root though.

Nice finds!

Welcome to the forum :D

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.