Editing My Posts No Longer Is Available

Shellseeker

Did I do something strange with my settings?

I used to be able to edit or delete any post I authored.

Just now, I noticed that for the thread launching post, I can neither edit or delete, just "report", and for subsequent entries on the same thread, I can only report or delete, not edit...

You may have to start putting up with my missspellings and plain errors... :o

CHECK THAT -- I can edit this new post but not delete it...Is there a time limit on editing that I have never run across. I was attempting to go back into the launch post to add the final identifications to the photos...

Edited by Shellseeker

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

This will 'splain it: LINK

Revisions necessitated as a topic progresses can be incorporated by quoting the original and documenting the changes that way. The deductive process is thus preserved for future readers. :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thanks Auspex. Make a lot of sense. You can see that there is a time lag of about 6 months on me catching on to innovations. My spouse has occasionally noted that in the past. :unsure:

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"