Somewhere.... Beyond The Sea... Somwhere

MB

Hello all less to one :P

As promis at some of you, last sunday was our annual meeting of gastronomic and echinoid friends, just a pretext to stay together for few hours, the old friends. some nice finds and good food makes round the journey

:)

post-41-1236630493_thumb.jpg

post-41-1236630518_thumb.jpg

post-41-1236630557_thumb.jpg

A beautiful place, good food, and friends; a great day!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

yeah, that's beyond cool. really. those pictures for some reason kind of really spell out my idea of a perfect day. good for you.

Guest bmorefossil

ah thats one of the best songs and i usually sing it everytime im out fossiling when im looking for that one special tooth.

I love the picture at the dinner table - mussels and wine. Reminds me of good times!! Is this in Belgium or France perhaps?

That is beautiful country you have there.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Looks like it would be impossible not to have a great time. Scenery is breath taking!

Now....about that echinoid! BEAUTIFUL You think it's all in there?

Welcome to the forum!

MB! Sweet! :drool:

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Hi people,

Many thanks for the compliments :D and yes, there nice very little country, and this sun and coulour can be only... the Mediterranean Sea.

The fossils are aptian in age, weissi zone, and usually they are complets there.

A lot of fun, friendship was there and ... echinoid knowledgement ;)

I wish one day we can make a trip together. :)

MB:

That is a beautiful echinoid that you found. I love the preservation and quality of the specimens. It looks like the echinoid is Leptosalenia prestensis Desor, 1856. I love the association of the echinoid and the large orbitolinid foraminifera. We have the same association in the Glen Rose Formation in Texas with Leptosalenia texana (Credner), 1875 and Leptosalenia mexicana Schluter, 1887 with Orbitolina (Mesorbitolina) texana Roemer. What other echinoids are found in association with the Leptosalenia there? In addition to Leptosalenia texana in the Middle Glen Rose, there are various regular echinoids such as Loriola, Phymosoma, Goniopygus, Pseudodiadema and Tetragramma in addition to irregular echinoids such as Coenholectypus, Heteraster, Macraster and Palhemiaster. Rarer echinoids such as Orthopsis, Phyllacanthus and Globator are found in the upper Glen Rose associated with Orbitolina as well as some of the forementioned echinoids. Thanks for posting the photos of the specimens and the localities.

Regards,

Mike

• I found this Informative 1

MB:

That is a beautiful echinoid that you found. I love the preservation and quality of the specimens. It looks like the echinoid is Leptosalenia prestensis Desor, 1856. I love the association of the echinoid and the large orbitolinid foraminifera. We have the same association in the Glen Rose Formation in Texas with Leptosalenia texana (Credner), 1875 and Leptosalenia mexicana Schluter, 1887 with Orbitolina (Mesorbitolina) texana Roemer. What other echinoids are found in association with the Leptosalenia there? In addition to Leptosalenia texana in the Middle Glen Rose, there are various regular echinoids such as Loriola, Phymosoma, Goniopygus, Pseudodiadema and Tetragramma in addition to irregular echinoids such as Coenholectypus, Heteraster, Macraster and Palhemiaster. Rarer echinoids such as Orthopsis, Phyllacanthus and Globator are found in the upper Glen Rose associated with Orbitolina as well as some of the forementioned echinoids. Thanks for posting the photos of the specimens and the localities.

Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike, many thanks for the compliments.

There is a Lower Cretaceous Basin, exactly the Perelló and Salou/Garraf Basin that follows the Iberian Maestrat Basin (the Morella zone that you know...) works situed it in deshayesi and bowerbanki zone so lower and uppermost lower Aptian.

There is a lot of very well knoweds urchins with the Leptosalenia as: L.grasi, L.sp, Hyposalenia lardyi,Coenholectypus similis, Heteraster sp.,Pygaulus desmoulinsi, Nucleopygus? Codechinus rotundus, Orthopsis sp., Goniopygus delphinensis, Hemipedina sp., Conulus sp. Cidaroids, and lacking the reefal fauna that you could find in the Maestrat Basin.

Best,

Àlex.