Teeth Id

kaleb

I removed them from the tape that night however I hot glued them i figured it peels of easy enough was that dumb to?

I would never use glue on my my teeth although i do use elmers on pieces of bone, beside that i never apply anything but water to my fossils. I know allot of people whom seal their teeth and say that you must in order to keep them from falling apart. My father has had some of his teeth for over forty years and never sealed them and they look exactly like when he found them, just as the teeth i found a long time ago still look the same. Every once in a while i will notice something about a tooth like a crack or something and think wow this tooth is degrading but then i look at the picture i took when i found it and sure enough the crack is there i just never noticed it.

I removed the teeth from the glue as well but I posted my trip today and said i would put a comparison pick of the croc tooth i found today and what some of you believe to be a mosasaur tooth i found last week after finding the croc tooth i found today i dont think the one i found last week is a croc tooth. The one i found last week is on the left and the one i found today and believe to be a croc tooth is on the right

DSC03851.jpg

cool thanks. How good is the condition of mine compared to the ones you used to find

I will have to pull my out and send you some pics soon. Your is a nice specimen though.

The best days are spent collecting fossils

I will have to pull my out and send you some pics soon. Your is a nice specimen though.

cool sounds good

Kaleb,

Here is a verity of different teeth we collected in one spot at different times.

post-764-1237248384_thumb.jpg

post-764-1237248405_thumb.jpg

man thats alot of croc teeth why do some have blunt points and some have points thats the part that is confusing because when i look at a bunch of pics alot of the mosasaur teeth look like crocs teeth and vice versa

man thats alot of croc teeth why do some have blunt points and some have points ...

"Blunt" = broken/damaged.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

they are a mix of croc, gador and other teeth. and yes damage to some.