Lee Creek March 29th

brsr0131

So Sorry for being lame, I meant going to a different mine(Onlsow, Rocky Point, Castle Hayne...) Monday for a while on the way out of NC. Seems by the posts GMR is pretty worked over.

Anyone want to swap some micro gravel when we meet up? have about 20 lbs of Gainesville Creek material sifted down here; save on postage.

Would love to bring you some micro gravel from the mine here in Onslow - if you tell me what it is! I live here in Onslow. It is open Monday thru Friday unless they are blasting or have inspections. I usually have to call the morning I want to dig because their blasting days change at a moments' notice. Sometimes they even decide in the middle of the day to start blasting. (That's what happened during my last visit). Since I live pretty close to Aurora I will be going home after the PCS dig. They just recently closed off the old digging area and opened a new one, too.

Guest N.AL.hunter

The week is here, and the rains cometh!! I sure hope the they stop Friday or are very lite! I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Hey Gang,

I'm heading out of town first thing tomorrow (Tues) morning. I won't be able to access my email before the hunt on Sunday. If anything changes in the plans please call me on my cell at 512-659-8531. Otherwise I plan on seeing and meeting everyone on Sat at 7:30 at the Golden Coral in Washington and again at the parking lot at 7:00 on Sunday.

Woo-Hoo!!

Gramps

As of right now it looks like we are going to get some rain on thursdy into friday and then again on sunday. The only thing im worried about is on sunday it looks like thunderstorms on the models that i have been looking at. Just have to keep our fingers crossed.

I'll be staying at the Day's Inn in Washington, NC on Fri and Sat nites. Ask for Tom Bowers if you want to get together on Fri evening.

Gramps

The week is here, and the rains cometh!! I sure hope the they stop Friday or are very lite! I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Same here! We will find out closer to the day though what really is going to happen.

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Well, I guess I'll be heading down East in the morning. Tomorrow I'll be hunting rics at Rocky Point.

Saturday I'll be in the creek at Greenville, if it's not 8 feet deep. Sunday I'm due to go in to PCS, if

I don't get weathered out again. If we don't get cancelled, I am hoping to drop by the GC in Washington

to dine with you fine forum folk Saturday.

-greel

Well, I guess I'll be heading down East in the morning. Tomorrow I'll be hunting rics at Rocky Point.

Saturday I'll be in the creek at Greenville, if it's not 8 feet deep. Sunday I'm due to go in to PCS, if

I don't get weathered out again. If we don't get cancelled, I am hoping to drop by the GC in Washington

to dine with you fine forum folk Saturday.

-greel

Good luck on your trips! I've always wanted to hunt at Rocky point but have never been.

See you on Saturday! I'm bringing a few extra fossils for trading if anyone is interested.

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Just making sure no one has heard anything to the contrary that we are still on for Sunday's hunt.

-HZJ

Just making sure no one has heard anything to the contrary that we are still on for Sunday's hunt.

-HZJ

Haven't heard anything yet, but there is a number you can call for the Aurora Fossil Museum at 252-322-4238 to find out. I sure hope we're still on for tomorrow!!

Guest N.AL.hunter

I just arrived at the Days Inn, RM 117. It is raining. Has been raining. We are going to call the museum soon and will let you know what we find out.

I just arrived at the Days Inn, RM 117. It is raining. Has been raining. We are going to call the museum soon and will let you know what we find out.

Thank you.

-HZJ

Guest N.AL.hunter

I called the museum and they told me that I might have to wait until morning for the final word, but as of right now, the hunt is still on for Saturday. They gave me a number for Pat Young that I can call early in the morning to see if it has been canceled or not. I'll be checking this forum and Elasmo this afternoon and evening for any additional info. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Are the rooms at the Days Inn fairly nice? Their room rates are competitive, but they have bad online reviews. I hope you guys get in there this weekend. The rain can be our friend at times and our enemy at other times. I'll be down next Friday and so far the forcast seems agreeable.

Guest N.AL.hunter

The rooms are just fine as far as I am concerned. Not great, but not horrible or unclean. We just took our shower and the water pressure was very good and the water did remove the soap film (unlike some other places I have been to). If we don't make it in this weekend, you all will surely have a lot of washed off fossils waiting for you next week. Good luck to you.

The rooms are just fine as far as I am concerned. Not great, but not horrible or unclean. We just took our shower and the water pressure was very good and the water did remove the soap film (unlike some other places I have been to). If we don't make it in this weekend, you all will surely have a lot of washed off fossils waiting for you next week. Good luck to you.

Thanks NAL. Their rates are almost half of the other chain hotels in the area unless you go to Greenville. Good luck tomorrow.

WIth all that rain, and with no one in the mine for the past few weeks, you guys should be grabing teeth left and right!! Grab me a Tiger shark tooth, and a whale vert if theres room :D

Justin

Guest N.AL.hunter

Well we just got back from our first ever LC collecting day. Out of the 60 or so people there today, at least 6 very nice megs were found, a whale jaw with a few teeth in it, 22 other whale teeth from the same hole, some nice makos and other nice teeth. However, my luck continues and we found no whole megs or makos. I did find two partial megs, but threw them out and a partial chub, but gave it away. I did not leave empty handed as I did collect several whale verts, porpoise verts, shells and corals, and around 100 teeth. I even finally found my first porpoise tooth (the ones in my collection were given to me, so this one I found). I'll have more to report later, but now to clean up and get ready to meet some other forum members for dinner.

Guest bmorefossil

sorry to hear that it didnt turn out to be the best of trips, did you know anyone who found anything good?