Vertebrate Fossil Dig Discount

Dave Daniel AKA (Bones)

Ok, I have a question? Lets say I get a craving for some Skittles in the middle of the night, and want to jett up to the local country stop and shop to satisfy my craving..............How far would that be?????????????

It's about thirty minutes to civilization, if you want to call it that. About the same accommodation's as going to the NSR.

Some of us go to Crawford in the evening for Bar-B-Q and ice cream. The place is run by a Texan and has OK BBQ.

v = 0.25 * g0.5 * SL1.67 * h-1.17

It's about thirty minutes to civilization, if you want to call it that. About the same accommodation's as going to the NSR.

Some of us go to Crawford in the evening for Bar-B-Q and ice cream. The place is run by a Texan and has OK BBQ.

When you say that it has "OK" BBQ do you mean the BBQ is good or it is from Oklahoma, because there is huge difference in that statement.

Brian

Brian Evans

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

Ok, I have a question? Lets say I get a craving for some Skittles in the middle of the night, and want to jett up to the local country stop and shop to satisfy my craving..............How far would that be?????????????

um, snakekeeper, i think you're pregnant.

um, snakekeeper, i think you're pregnant.

Yep, I should be dialated enough in June sometime!!!! I've always wanted to have my baby in the Badlands....no Midwife or nuthin :o I think it would be a very spiritual experience!!!! Dave....are you ready to cut the cord??? :P

Yep, I should be dialated enough in June sometime!!!! I've always wanted to have my baby in the Badlands....no Midwife or nuthin :o I think it would be a very spiritual experience!!!! Dave....are you ready to cut the cord??? :P

Can I use a pick hoe to cut it?

The BBQ is pretty good. It's still hard to beat Freds BBQ in Texas though.

I will say it is better than any BBQ I have found in the state of Colorado. Up here they think BBQ is roast beef with BBQ sauce.

Ice cream is great after a long hot day, and they dip it in chocolate that hardens. UMMMM!

Ice cream is great after a long hot day, and they dip it in chocolate that hardens. UMMMM!

Yummm...nothing better than plastic chocolate! Can you say DQ........................

Yummm...nothing better than plastic chocolate! Can you say DQ........................

The plastic chocolate keeps the ice cream from dripping on your hand on a hot day.

Hey Dave

I have a couple quesitons for you. Im interested in option four, and i was wondering if i had to get 5 people to commit to this or can it be just me. Second this is my situation, i am planning on going on a fossil hunting trip in july of this year and that is going to eat most of my vacation, so my question is could i pay for a trip this year and take it in 2010, at the stimulus rate. I dont think i can get the rest of my group to change plans due to work schedules? I by no means want to take advantage of your genorosity, but at the same time i dont want to miss out. If you cant i understand, but i figured it never hurts to try. Also when is the last day to get in on this special offer? Thanks for your time and consideration

Lloyd

Hey Dave

I have a couple quesitons for you. Im interested in option four, and i was wondering if i had to get 5 people to commit to this or can it be just me. Second this is my situation, i am planning on going on a fossil hunting trip in july of this year and that is going to eat most of my vacation, so my question is could i pay for a trip this year and take it in 2010, at the stimulus rate. I dont think i can get the rest of my group to change plans due to work schedules? I by no means want to take advantage of your genorosity, but at the same time i dont want to miss out. If you cant i understand, but i figured it never hurts to try. Also when is the last day to get in on this special offer? Thanks for your time and consideration

Lloyd

(1) No you don't have to get five. That is only on the main ranch house.

(2) I am sure that paying this year at the stimulas rate and booking next year would be fine.

(3) It depends how fast these spots move. We were thinking a commitment by the end of April with 50% down.

We have the first three weeks of digs booked already. Since I have informed many clubs, Ebay listing, this forum, etc., this last weekend, we are getting lots of phone calls and emails. Hope to have a Fossil Forum group this year. It would be great to put faces to the names.

Of course I know Tracer want show his face. I don't think he really exist.

Before sending checks, please contact me at our PaleoDigs hot line. 719-748-5222

All participants must print off the contract on the web site and sign it to be sent in with payment.

This is primarily a disclaimer releasing us from any accident you may have while on the dig like falling off a cliff and breaking your leg.

There is also important information to inform us of any health conditions you may have.

(1) No you don't have to get five. That is only on the main ranch house.

(2) I am sure that paying this year at the stimulas rate and booking next year would be fine.

(3) It depends how fast these spots move. We were thinking a commitment by the end of April with 50% down.

We have the first three weeks of digs booked already. Since I have informed many clubs, Ebay listing, this forum, etc., this last weekend, we are getting lots of phone calls and emails. Hope to have a Fossil Forum group this year. It would be great to put faces to the names.

Of course I know Tracer want show his face. I don't think he really exist.

love ya, dave. if i weren't just a computer simulation, i'd be out diggin' like a big dog. but dirt is bad for my bytes.

love ya, dave. if i weren't just a computer simulation, i'd be out diggin' like a big dog. but dirt is bad for my bytes.

I love you too Man!

Oh wait,.......how can I Love a computer simulation or something that doesn't exist.

Oh. come on anyway.

I have a multi media projector. We can project you on to the Canyon wall.

I have a multi media projector. We can project you on to the Canyon wall.

Got just what you need!

post-423-1238799040_thumb.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Got just what you need!

Beam me up Scotty!

I finally, after all these years decided to buy a .com address.

The Domain that I built years ago was a free one from Earthlink.

I ran out of usable space a long time ago, so I haven't added anything to it for a while.

My new Domain name is: paleodigs.com

Thats a lot simpler than the other one too.

Right now, it just forwards to my other web site, but I will be using the 150,000 Mg to add stuff after this next dig season like

pictures of this years digs and maybe even videos.

Hi Forum friends,

I need your opinion.

Not only did I get a .com address now for my site, I also have a web builder re-doing my site.

He said I need to bring in into the 21st century.

Here is the site I built years ago. http://www.paleodigs.com/

Here is the site he is building. http://www.paleodigs.cedaniel.com/

Which do you like better, and any suggestions would be helpful.

Also. if there is something that is a crossover, let me know as well.

Thanks!

Bones

um, ohhhh, i get it. <looking around as if i'm not totally sure that i get it>

both sites are great, and no, that dress doesn't make you look fat.

Tracer,

Thats kind of you to say you like both, but I'm looking for brutal honesty.

Which site tells the tale better?

Is my site old fashion?

Is the new one more attractive?

Which is easier to navigate?

Tracer,

Thats kind of you to say you like both, but I'm looking for brutal honesty.

Which site tells the tale better?

Is my site old fashion?

Is the new one more attractive?

Which is easier to navigate?

The following observation is from an inexperienced web-surfer and is worth what you paid for it:

The color scheme of the new site is pleasing to the eye, but it seems kind of "chopped-up", in that there is no natural segue between topics. I also think that the strength of your operation is the adventure it offers, and neither site seems to capitalize on this.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

The following observation is from an inexperienced web-surfer and is worth what you paid for it:

The color scheme of the new site is pleasing to the eye, but it seems kind of "chopped-up", in that there is no natural segue between topics. I also think that the strength of your operation is the adventure it offers, and neither site seems to capitalize on this.

Happy Easter! It's snowing like crazy up here.

Auspex,

Thanks for being honest on this. I am wanting to improve every aspect.

I felt the same way as you did about the chopped up thing however, I gave him artistic liberties to start with. The web designer is in the first stages of developing the site. We are to talk Monday to discuss changes.

I understand that I need to capitalize on the adventure of the experience.

Could you elaborate on some specific wording that might help convey that?

Thanks for any constructive criticism.

Also, any things that you liked better in the original web site in the way you navigate and stuff would be helpful to adjusting the new one as well.

Thanks!

Well on your old site, the red at the top seems too bright. Much prefer that reddish brown on your new site.

Also on the old while I know you have trips because have read your posts, would not have been sure you did that. Would have thought at first it was a fossil selling site. Maybe under the name of your site, you might wanna add something like, Dig With Us, so the reader knows for sure that is the main point. Maybe at the top menu, you could have the location and lodging more to the left and move some of the other stuff to the right. To me lodging and location would grab me quicker.

The blue box on the new site to me would look better to the eye if it were that reddish brown color. More of an earth tone like the rest of the page. These are just suggestions since you asked. I do like the new site better. Wish you both a very successful rest of the year too!

Welcome to the forum!

Well on your old site, the red at the top seems too bright. Much prefer that reddish brown on your new site.

Also on the old while I know you have trips because have read your posts, would not have been sure you did that. Would have thought at first it was a fossil selling site. Maybe under the name of your site, you might wanna add something like, Dig With Us, so the reader knows for sure that is the main point. Maybe at the top menu, you could have the location and lodging more to the left and move some of the other stuff to the right. To me lodging and location would grab me quicker.

The blue box on the new site to me would look better to the eye if it were that reddish brown color. More of an earth tone like the rest of the page. These are just suggestions since you asked. I do like the new site better. Wish you both a very successful rest of the year too!

Hey Roz,

Thats great! I would love for everyone to put in their two cents worth. That the only way I can find out what needs to be.

I spoke with the web builder today and told him I was taking this pole and to give me another week before we both started looking at the suggestions.

I take no Offense at any opinion. I look at it as constructive criticism.

I have had several PM telling what they think. I would prefer it be done on the post so we can get some friendly banter back and forth.

We may not agree with each other however, it will give me feedback to examine.

Any others have suggestions?

I agree with Roz and Auspex. I like the color scheme, but the page does seem a bit chopped up/disorganized. Also agree about adding something under the name, maybe "providing kids of all ages, 12 to 65, the thrill of discovery" from your About Us page.

Maybe switch the order of:

Home, About Us, Contact Us, Host, Paleontologist, Location, Lodging, (maybe Contact Us here), Club Affiliates, Customer Accolades

I would also move the search to somewhere on the top half of the page so that it is more ready visible instead of having to scroll down to see it. Slide the "Details" section on the left side down to the bottom of the list, since it is already across the top of the page making the other topics more visible on the side. Maybe "Archives" above that. Prioritize the most important aspects from top to bottom. The blue box is ok with me (sorry Roz). :)

It will take a little time and some tweaking. Try different things and see what works best. Go look at a lot of other business and other types of websites for ideas. MHO.

Thanks Mike.

We are going to have the menu on the left side, move down the page as you scroll down (It will follow you down the page) so you don't have to

go back up the page to click on the next thing you want to look at.

I wanted to do that with the site I built, but the software that I used that was free through earthlink didn't have that capability.

He said he should be able to do that to make it easier for surfers.