Fossils On The Brain...

fossilover

After reading a post about collecting fossils on here at 3 am this morning, I seriously started debating whether I should get up and go to my favorite fossil-hunting site. I had envisioned bringing a flashlight with me and everything. Well, fatigue started to set in and I ended up going to bed. I woke up still thinking about going fossil hunting. I had an appointment to get to, so I got ready and started driving there. I almost got to what I thought was my destination, when I suddenly realized I was driving to my fossil-hunting location and NOT to my appointment! I ended up being a half hour late because I drove to the wrong side of town. Has this happened to any of you?

After reading a post about collecting fossils on here at 3 am this morning, I seriously started debating whether I should get up and go to my favorite fossil-hunting site. I had envisioned bringing a flashlight with me and everything. Well, fatigue started to set in and I ended up going to bed. I woke up still thinking about going fossil hunting. I had an appointment to get to, so I got ready and started driving there. I almost got to what I thought was my destination, when I suddenly realized I was driving to my fossil-hunting location and NOT to my appointment! I ended up being a half hour late because I drove to the wrong side of town. Has this happened to any of you?

I have gotten lost a time or 2 driving to a location and get to checking out road cuts, and missed some turns, end up 30 out of the way.

Y'all wait 'til you get old; It's a real annoyance to walk into a quarry and forget what you came in for...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

To get to one of the sites i managed at my last job i had to turn down a certain road off of the main drag. What used to be one of my favorite fossils sites was the turn right before this one on the main drag. I can remember at least three times where i got over half way down the road to the fossil site(about 30 min) before i realized i wasn't heading to work.

To get to one of the sites i managed at my last job i had to turn down a certain road off of the main drag. What used to be one of my favorite fossils sites was the turn right before this one on the main drag. I can remember at least three times where i got over half way down the road to the fossil site(about 30 min) before i realized i wasn't heading to work.

That's great. Well, maybe not for you. I don't feel so bad now. Bet you had a hard time explaining that one to the boss.