Whirlwind Nc Trip

non-remanié

Greenville for a couple hours on Saturday after the long drive from NJ. It was completely backed up due to the near flood stage Tar River into which it drains. Downstream areas were quite stagnant and not appealing to fossil collecting. Conditions at PCS on Sunday were amazing, around 80F with a nice breeze. I didn't even get too much sunburn. Quite a change from NJ this time of year and the foot of snow we had received a week prior. I felt like I was doing really poorly in the mine, but in the end I managed to pick up a few "megs" to make it a decent trip. The larger reworked one is near 4" but lacks any serrations. Arrived home 2am Monday morning so it was a long weekend, but well worth it. Thanks again to PCS and all the volunteers who make it happen down there. I have to say that the morning formalities did seem to run a lot smoother than in past years.

greenville finds including some frowned upon inverts that did a great job not disintegrating in my pocket; 2x Fusinus burnsii, Turritella beaufortensis, and some Agerostrea

post-382-1236826173_thumb.jpg

total haul

post-382-1236826182_thumb.jpg

megs

post-382-1236826187_thumb.jpg

---Wie Wasser schleift den Stein, wir steigen und fallen---

man oh man what a haul. that's sweet!

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

• 1 month later...