Aurora ,this Weekend

beachbum

Has anyone heard if this weekends fossil hunt been cancelled? I was packing the car to and my work called and said they got a call for me saying this weekends hunt was cancelled due to the weather.

I'm in England, so not going anyway, but I sure hope it hasn't been cancelled for you all.

KOF, Bill.

Welcome to the forum, all new members

www.ukfossils check it out.

I haven't heard anything one way or the other. I hope for your sake, it's still a go.

-HZJ

Nothing yet at elasmo.com (latest news posted on the 8th).

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guess what fellow hunters. I just spoke to Curtis Ormond from PCS and he confirmed that this weekends hunt has been cancelled due to the rain and a bit of damage to the ramp. So now it looks like it's time to make other plans for fossil hunting this weekend.

Guess what fellow hunters. I just spoke to Curtis Ormond from PCS and he confirmed that this weekends hunt has been cancelled due to the rain and a bit of damage to the ramp. So now it looks like it's time to make other plans for fossil hunting this weekend.

It is. Apparentlythe fossil gods don't want me hunt Aurora just yet. Last year my small group was cancelled in the spring and fall,now this year we're 0 for 1. the good news is that we've already made plans for a fossil hunting trip to SC.

Looking on the bright side, whatever you find, and I hope it's something special, you would not have found if it had not been cancelled.

Good Luck.

KOF, Bill.

Welcome to the forum, all new members

www.ukfossils check it out.

Guest N.AL.hunter

Well I am sorry to hear about you getting canceled, and it just makes me even more worried about my weekend there! :unsure:

Coprolite!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Well I am sorry to hear about you getting canceled, and it just makes me even more worried about my weekend there! :unsure:

Yeah, me too!

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

It is. Apparentlythe fossil gods don't want me hunt Aurora just yet. Last year my small group was cancelled in the spring and fall,now this year we're 0 for 1. the good news is that we've already made plans for a fossil hunting trip to SC.

There are no fossil gods. Good luck in SC!

Miocene/Eocene

Disappointment is part of the Lee Creek experience, but clearly not all of it. Over past two years, I have had 4 slots and 3 of them were canceled due to weather and/or ramp problems. Only serves to heighten the excitement of finally getting in.

Besides fossils,

I collect roadcuts,

Stream beds,

Winter beaches:

Places of pilgrimage.

Jasper Burns, Fossil Dreams

Hrrm, Thats odd because it doesn't seem as if they have gotten that much rain down there. I can say that i have seen Curtis and PCS go out of their way to ensure that people can collect in mine so if they say it is unsafe and the ramp is damaged then it must be so. Sorry you are missing your hunt best of luck in SC

Guest bmorefossil
Hrrm, Thats odd because it doesn't seem as if they have gotten that much rain down there. I can say that i have seen Curtis and PCS go out of their way to ensure that people can collect in mine so if they say it is unsafe and the ramp is damaged then it must be so. Sorry you are missing your hunt best of luck in SC

yes it has been cancelled and from what i have heard they are getting next to nothing!!!!!

cancelled? hmmm that doesn't sound good. There hasn't been any precip in Aurora since March 2 and I was there this past weekend and everything looked fine to me. The ramp is the steepest I have seen but it seemed to be in great shape.

---Wie Wasser schleift den Stein, wir steigen und fallen---

The ramp indeed seemed as if it was much better than what i have seen in the past few years but it was rather steep. Makes me wonder if the reclamation advanced at an ungodly rate or maybe the little off road that the ramp is on has some issues. Could also be that they have a forecast for bad storms or wind this weekend. Like i said earlier tho if at all possible curtis would get the folks in so something must be wrong.

Sorry to hear about that Jim. I hope you and Sally have a good hunt in SC. I'm getting more mobile every day and I'll be back with you guys soon! Good Luck!!

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

Sorry to hear about that Jim. I hope you and Sally have a good hunt in SC. I'm getting more mobile every day and I'll be back with you guys soon! Good Luck!!

Thanks Hawkeye. We're meeting up with a buddy from NC to try a couple of new spots.It's good to hear that your up and moving around now. Next ,we need to get you out and about with us on a few trips. We'll talk to you later and let you know how we faired.