My Central Texas Rain

jkfoam

Here in the eastern half of Williamsom County we had 3 inches of rain in the past three days. Before the rain 75% of the stock tanks (ponds) were dry. After the rain 75% of the stock tanks are still dry, muddy maybe. Before the rain 100% of the creeks were not running. After the rain 100% of the creeks are still not running. It was a great rain. The ground just soaked up every drop that fell. It didn't do the fossil collectors much good though. It did help the farmers.

JKFoam

The Eocene is my favorite

Here in the eastern half of Williamsom County we had 3 inches of rain in the past three days. Before the rain 75% of the stock tanks (ponds) were dry. After the rain 75% of the stock tanks are still dry, muddy maybe. Before the rain 100% of the creeks were not running. After the rain 100% of the creeks are still not running. It was a great rain. The ground just soaked up every drop that fell. It didn't do the fossil collectors much good though. It did help the farmers.

JKFoam

Wow now that is sad :( , I guess you will just have to come up to north Texas, they are running good up here.

Glad to hear that the N. Tx. rains produced running streams and good fossil hunting. But don't feel bad for C. Tx. We really needed the rain and are very thankful for all we got. More will come in time, likely in flooding conditions. But for now, thanks for what we got.

Fossil hunters live for draughts and floods to expose new areas. CTx. is a great place for both.