T-Rex Claw?

AJ Plai

A friend of mine sent me these pictures of a dinosaur claw which has been turned into a fashion accessory (!!!!) and would like to know from what kind of dinosaur it came from:

post-10857-0-69758400-1434822738_thumb.jpgpost-10857-0-60212700-1434822742_thumb.jpg

I am no expert on dinosaur claw identification, but the owner was told it's an American claw (once again, no clear locality, just North America) and a T-Rex claw which from as far as I can tell, this claw doesn't seem to look Hell Creekish, so I am very skeptical about this claim.

What do claw experts here think this could be from? Assuming that these are not replica (which I frankly don't know for sure, unfortunately..)

Do a google search for "Velociraptor Claw". You will find plenty of casts that look exactly like your photo. SS

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Not a T Rex claw and agree with jpc much too big for a velociraptor claw they are very small. If it's from the Hell Creek may be a Anzu wyliei but I agree it does not look Hell Creekish more jurassic or early cretaceous. Really need more info on locality and age. My initial gut said allosaurid.

Edit: a couple of Anzu foot claws from my collection

post-10935-0-39438200-1434897505_thumb.jpg

post-10935-0-59020200-1434897776_thumb.jpg

Edited by Troodon
  • I found this Informative 1

I found out that it is indeed, a cast, but just don't know from what dinosaur claw was it cast from. May be an Oviraptor claw perhaps?

Edited by AJ Plai