Hangin' With Barefoot.

Traviscounty

I rented my apartment out to a couple of girls from Toronto. Got 11 days to kill, so Barefoot invited us up to North TX.

post-1159-1237426100_thumb.jpg

post-1159-1237426201_thumb.jpg

Took her to the POC(her first time)......she walked barefoot down the creek for about 2 hours. Quite the trooper! However, she is complaining of a splinter.

post-1159-1237426603_thumb.jpg

I hear ya'll are just chilling, have ya'll had a chance to look for anything up there yet? Or just fishing? AT least the weather is great for camping right now. Missed ya'll at the NSR, was hoping ya'll would get to join us.

Dude, that's not what they mean by "smoked fish".

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

What's the jaw section?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Took her to the POC(her first time)......she walked barefoot down the creek for about 2 hours. Quite the trooper! However, she is complaining of a splinter.

Not a bad haul for a few hours, nice finds.

Not a bad haul for a few hours, nice finds.

We're in Sherman, comin' through Bonham in the morning. Let us know if we can stop by and see you.

I will be in Sherman in the morning, My daughters prom dress came in so we have to go fit it and then find shoes to match. I want to get together with ya'll when I get back from a business trip so we can go fossilling together.

Some very nice fossils and quite a few of them. U guys did good.

Ah, I think that fish must be seldom's....

Welcome to the forum!

All that collecting and only 3 pics? Let's see some pics of fossil hunters in action. Any fossil ground shots? Help! I haven't been out in months and I need a collecting fix.

All that collecting and only 3 pics? Let's see some pics of fossil hunters in action. Any fossil ground shots? Help! I haven't been out in months and I need a collecting fix.

Barefoot said she would send out some ground shots to you. This excursion is a fossil/artifact/fishing/camping/relaxing vacation. We're trying not to work to hard.

post-1159-1237429515_thumb.jpg

Thank you. A few more weeks and I won't have to rely on other collectors to help me maintain my remaining grain of sanity.

Barefoot said she would send out some ground shots to you. This excursion is a fossil/artifact/fishing/camping/relaxing vacation. We're trying not to work to hard.

Barefoot here! whats up folks? hope yall are having as good a time as i am. He didn't mention three of those fish were mine. ill post more picts when i get home. Love yall!

:cool: trip makes me want to come to TX!!!

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

I gotta tell you, with 150 years worth of trash going into that creek I absolutely would not go in there bare footed!!! :P

And this coming from a guy that digs splinters or glass out of his own feet at least 3-4 times a year. Mostly from running barefooted up and down my street chasing my kids. :faint:

I'm still recovering from the 1"+ gash to my palm from POC last week. Darned oyster bed layer! At least it didn't get infected.

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

And what is the jaw? Is it part of the rest of Jax's human front tooth?

Or something like a pig???

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

What's the jaw section?

I'm not sure. I'll take some more pics when I get to my next locale.

Wild hog jaw?

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Well Im back! What a week I had. I got to do everything I wanted. A whole week of fishing, camping, fossiling, and arrowhead hunting and hanging with friends. It was sweet sweet heaven. My father even killed the bobcat last night . So here are my picts and I want to thank Travis for hanging out with me all week and putting up with my goofy self. Thanks also to snakekeeper for coming out and camping and providing for us. He has that whole camp cook thing down to a art, and his food is awesome. Travis has even more picts but he decided to stay another night out at the lake. Snakekeeper has some picts to share also.

post-1082-1237753769_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1237753897_thumb.jpg

our camp site and my first fish of the day.

post-1082-1237754007_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1237754196_thumb.jpg

Travis county and snakekeeper . snakekeeper deciding to take a nap behind a rock while fishing.

post-1082-1237754282_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1237754403_thumb.jpg

our camp and snakekeeper cooking our dinner.

post-1082-1237754544_thumb.jpg

This is the sweet arrowhead I found when I decided to just sit a run my hands through some gravel.

post-1082-1237754133_thumb.jpg

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Here are a few more picts post-1082-1237757077_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1237757197_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1237757279_thumb.jpg

The bobcat! My Dads partner actually shot her. They sat in the pickup truck and she came in around midnight. He shot her with a 20 gauge shotgun and she dropped instantly. By the time I got to the farm the next morning they had already skinned it. They have all the good pictspost-1082-1237757617_thumb.jpg

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Folks in Texas do some real fancy camping. Your setup looks better than some hotels I've stayed in. The arrowhead you found is awesome. It looks like it's perfectly symmetrical. Congratulations.

Sure had fun with y'all this weekend.BFG,,congrats on the fine point and gettin that Bobcat.

post-417-1237765360_thumb.jpgpost-417-1237765381_thumb.jpgpost-417-1237765411_thumb.jpg

Sure had fun with y'all this weekend.BFG,,congrats on the fine point and gettin that Bobcat.

post-417-1237765360_thumb.jpgpost-417-1237765381_thumb.jpgpost-417-1237765411_thumb.jpg

Happy campers!